Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker PDF 2015/2016  (Read 2399 times)

Offline coheed33

Parker PDF 2015/2016
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:43:08 PM »
I think it would be great if Parker introduced 7 string or even 8 string (a first) model to the pdf line. the world of 7 and 8 string guitars needs real instruments for real musicians. the only 7 and 8 string guitars out there today within the price range of the PDF series are horrible brands like Schecter and ESP. Parker is my all time favorite company and I would love to see this in 2015 or 2016.
Parker PDF 100 (Custom), Gibson Explorer (Custom), Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Spector Legend Classic 6

Re: Parker PDF 2015/2016

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the forum. My own interests don't include guitars with more than six stings, but I'm perfectly happy to see them being offered in the marketplace. Just for conversation, I have a couple of questions for you...

What exactly do you feel is wrong with Schecter and ESP guitars (which, again, I know nothing about personally)? A quick look around  on the web shows mostly satisfied owners.

Why exactly is Parker your all time favorite company?
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline coheed33

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
its not that they are the worst guitars I have ever played. After playing parkers my entire life and recently Gibson i can't really play stuff like Schecter and ESP without feeling like I'm playing a lifeless corpse of a guitar. Schecter and ESP guitars are simply built Parkers are Forged in the halls of Asgard. Back when Parker started my dad bought a nitefly. At the time I was quite little. Parker Guitars were always part of my life. Parker guitars were the first guitars I ever saw and heard. I play gibson guitars and i also like Ibanez and Steinberger guitars but as much as I love other companies nothing plays or sounds quite as well as a Parker. I feel that if Parker ventured a little further into the extended range guitars they would have the Best of every product and having a 7 or 8 string also in the PDF series would allow sales within the range of 7 and 8 strings made by Schecter and lower end ESP. I have played top end ESP and Schecter guitars that don't play at all as well as even Parker's more modestly priced guitars. if parker made high end and low end 7 and 8 strings they could venture into parts of the guitar market that they haven't quite touched yet, and one thing Parker is known for is creating amazing things no one has seen before. I would love to see how Parker would revolutionize extended range guitars.
Parker PDF 100 (Custom), Gibson Explorer (Custom), Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Spector Legend Classic 6

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
... Parkers are Forged in the halls of Asgard.

Some of them could have been... but the PDFs are all made in Asia if I recall correctly. :)
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline coheed33

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
... Parkers are Forged in the halls of Asgard.

Some of them could have been... but the PDFs are all made in Asia if I recall correctly. :)

yes they are. They are amazing for asian machine made guitars. soon I plan on purchasing a nitefly like my father did.