Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ShazRock Custom Paint & Guitars  (Read 1849 times)

Offline ajguitargirl

ShazRock Custom Paint & Guitars
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
Hello Parker forum members! I am a ShazRock employee and friend of ShazRock owners Lisa and Sharon. On their behalf I am here to reassure everyone that ShazRock is still up and running and doing very well. We now have an official Facebook page where you can message Lisa and Sharon, post pictures of your Parker's that we've fixed up or need fixing, and stay up to date with everything going on at ShazRock. We would greatly appreciate it if you could help us by liking and sharing the page and spreading the word to all the Parker players as well as all your guitar/bass friends. Thank you for all your support through the years!

https://www.facebook.com/shazrockcustom

Re: ShazRock Custom Paint & Guitars

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
Cool! Thanks for the heads up!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Twanking45

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
Will do!
By the way, here is an example of Shazrock painting--> my vintage white nitefly is now bright red
check it: http://www.slickpic.com/organizer/albums/MontyThrustbutter/NiteflyAlder#8287817
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)

Offline Lisa B

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »
Thanks Angie for the post, and thanks to all of our Parker fanatics. We love these unique instruments!

Offline Lisa B

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
You Parker enthusiasts want to see the most amazing restoration ever... check out our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.712601912108739.1073741842.711920598843537&type=1

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »
Beautiful Job!   8)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline billy

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »
Love it! Amazed that you still had a serial # legible enough to replace it.

Btw totally agree about modern paints being better in the other post. They build faster, spray smoother, harden faster, and last longer.  But you sure have to know what you're doing and have the right safety gear.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Lisa B

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »
Hi Billy,
We have the ability to completely restore an old Parker, which sets us apart from other repair shops. We replace the serial numbers, fret markers, and logos with factory new original replacements, same as they used when the guitar was originally built. For the one we posted the link about, the serial number was replaced with an exact duplicate. We never change a serial number on an instrument with a different number. We get most of our hard to find supplies directly from the Parker facility, so you know it's legit. There are a lot of other competitors in the painting business, but I think we are the only one who can completely restore a Parker to "like-new" original condition.

On a side note, the guy we did this work for said he'd post pictures here, and we thought we'd get a few "wow" moments from the Parker crowd, but alas, he didn't post a single picture.  :( I hope that doesn't mean that he tried to sell this thing and pass it off as "new". When it left our shop, it could easily have passed for a "new" condition vintage Parker.

Offline Lisa B

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
Billy,
It sounds like you really know your stuff about paint. Polyester is so hard that you have to level it with a much heavier grit paper, and change grits more often to get it to a point where you can buff it out on the buffing wheel, but it's worth it! Polyester is practically bullet proof. It's made to last forever. I guess that's why they use it to paint coffins.  :)

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
You Parker enthusiasts want to see the most amazing restoration ever... check out our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.712601912108739.1073741842.711920598843537&type=1

Wow.  Truly amazing job!  Somehow, I now know my guitars are safer knowing you guys (gals) are around!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline billy

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 08:02:03 AM »
Thx Lisa!  All I really know is that your shop does some great work, no joke. Most guitar shops would not be able to do what you did.

I don't paint much anymore (unless you consider powder coating paint, still doing that) but I used to paint fairly often.

I found it to be really gratifying work but I started getting headaches from the solvents and don't have proper space to do much of it these days.

I have a few projects that I'll be painting in urethane at a friend's very soon though!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline shiftykey

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »
Shazrock, take my money! Message me, email anything...