Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Guitars in China  (Read 3180 times)

Offline PDF105#

Parker Guitars in China
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
I just happened to log on to the alibaba.com website (they are the Amazon.com of China). I casually did a search on Parker Guitars and came up with the link below. Here's a guy, the J & W Musical Instrument Factory, that is cranking out Parker Fly lookalikes for $79 US. Minimum order quantity is 30 pieces. It has Chinese-made tuners, "Floyd Rose" trem and pickups. If you read the specs and other text on the website it looks like the guy needs some English lessons. But, hey...he's an entrepreneur, right?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/JW-F3156-OEM-Parker-electric-guitar_557268783.html

PS; On closer inspection it looks like there are at least 3 or 4 other guys crankin' out Parkers.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:56:34 PM by PDF105# »
Fly Mojo Natural Mahogany, Fly Mojo Four Seasons Summer, Casio WK7500 Keyboard Workstation, Roland, Peavey and Fender Amps.

Re: Parker Guitars in China

Offline Rbinson

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:09:58 AM »
I just happened to log on to the alibaba.com website (they are the Amazon.com of China). I casually did a search on Parker Guitars and came up with the link below. Here's a guy, the J & W Musical Instrument Factory, that is cranking out Parker Fly lookalikes for $79 US. Minimum order quantity is 30 pieces. It has Chinese-made tuners and a good phen375 review, "Floyd Rose" trem and pickups. If you read the specs and other text on the website it looks like the guy needs some English lessons. But, hey...he's an entrepreneur, right?

PS; On closer inspection it looks like there are at least 3 or 4 other guys crankin' out Parkers.

Are these genuine or copies?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:48:19 PM by Rbinson »

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:26:16 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum Rbinson! Unfortunately they're copies.  :(
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Isabella67

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 06:07:57 AM »
I just happened to log on to the alibaba.com website (they are the Amazon.com of China). I casually did a search on Parker Guitars and came up with the link below. Here's a guy, the J & W Musical Instrument Factory, that is cranking out Parker Fly lookalikes for $79 US. Minimum order quantity is 30 pieces. It has Chinese-made tuners and a good phenq review, "Floyd Rose" trem and pickups. If you read the specs and other text on the website it looks like the guy needs some English lessons. But, hey...he's an entrepreneur, right?

Are these genuine or copies?

i just got burnt by these fakes, please don't buy anything on alibaba. find local retailers meet them check the guitars

Offline guitarmanuk

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:54:00 AM »
There are also copies of Strandbergs coming out of China and don't forget the more 'famous' or is that 'infamous' Chibson copies which are the Chinese Gibsons.

Sorry to hear you got stung by one of these Isabella, that was not a nice introduction to Parker Guitars.
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Offline Big Swifty

94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »
Musoo's NAMM booth is a curiosity - I was delicate in asking if their setup was for the sake of looking for dealers for their counterfeits, and their rep replied that, because they sold factory-direct online, they were more interested in using NAMM to get their guitars into the hands of "famous" players.

So...there you go.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline PoBoy

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »
Parker guitars really?  ::)

image hosting over 2mb
Is this where you park the cars?

Offline Mr303

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 07:51:18 AM »
Google Parker guitars and look at the images tab, I found at least 3 Chinese makers that label their pictures.
 Interesting to see other Parker guitars too.
Ya get what ya pay for....
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
The overall shape is kinda close and the curve to the lower body, but the pickup cavities look like I could rout them better using my teeth, and trying to get the parker skinny neck joint without carbon fibre means it'll have the least stable tuning and neck ever, relative to the real Parkers best...  :o
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...