Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Parker user and new to forum  (Read 1544 times)

Offline GreskilVulf

New Parker user and new to forum
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »
Hi there,

Introductions, well ive been playing guitar since i got one someone was getting rid of about 10 years ago, was a charvel, and had a few inbetween but not had much chance to practice with things the last couple years. I have been eyeing up Parker guitars for a time now and finally today got hold of a second hand P44 guitar, and i must say it is really nice. Has got a couple little things to do before its perfect again, but it plays and sounds really good right now, think it may get me back into playing more often.

While im on, wanted to know if anyone has any answers since im not really a pro guitar setup guy, i can do basics but adjusting truss rod and stuff is still not something im fluent with yet. Any tips for me please? the intonation on strings is a little sharp at the moment and wondering if its to do with the truss rod and how best to go about it?

Thanks for reading

Re: New Parker user and new to forum

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum GreskilVulf! Since I have no experience with a P44 here's a link that might help. Best of luck!  8)
http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/stories/manuals/PSERIES_MANUAL.pdf
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Bagatell

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »
Welcome and good luck with the setup. I haven't touched the setup on my Fly since I've had it!

Offline GreskilVulf

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum GreskilVulf! Since I have no experience with a P44 here's a link that might help. Best of luck!  8)
http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/stories/manuals/PSERIES_MANUAL.pdf

Thanks, i looked at the manual, quite good, may get a pro to look at it for me at some point, it working well enough at the moment. Something for the future to look at tho

Offline GreskilVulf

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
Welcome and good luck with the setup. I haven't touched the setup on my Fly since I've had it!

Its my first parker and since it was second hand i just wanna make sure its setup right so i get used to playing it when its properly done. I do enjoy the play/sound from it tho