Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PDF 105 - active switch not working  (Read 1226 times)

Offline JHop19

PDF 105 - active switch not working
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:00:47 AM »
Short story: I ordered a new PDF 105 from a company on eBay. They gave me a good deal because there was a minor finish flaw. Once I received the guitar, I noticed that it is actually the 100, not the 105. The only actual 105 that they have in their inventory is one with a broken active switch that will not turn on the system.

Is getting the active switch fixed a major deal? Or is it something that I can take to my local dealer and they can fix it cheap?

Re: PDF 105 - active switch not working

Offline Mr303

Re: PDF 105 - active switch not working
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
I recently bought a pdf105 that had similar issues probably from same seller, I took it to a good guitar tech and had it fixed. Not original Parker parts but a simple three position switch fixs it and looks the same as original.  Could have done it myself but didn't have time.
This is one great guitar but needs a coil tap added since 2013 models didn't offer that option. 
I intend to do the coil tap myself when I get some time. I hope you like your new rig as much as I like this one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:00:03 AM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain