Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pdf 100 - Allen wrench size for the screw on bushing of tremolo  (Read 2136 times)

Offline chris.parelon

pdf 100 - Allen wrench size for the screw on bushing of tremolo
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:13 AM »
Hi,

As one of you any idea of the size of the screw to tight the arm in the plastic bushing ?
I can't find it out in shops.
So if anyone know i will be able to order one.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Re: pdf 100 - Allen wrench size for the screw on bushing of tremolo

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:40 AM »
... any idea of the size of the screw to tight the arm in the plastic bushing ?

The one for my pre-refined Fly set screw (and also the saddle adjusters) measures 0.093 inches; and a generic wrench marked 3/32, measuring 0.094 inches works too, with a noticeably tighter fit. These are the measurements between the flat sides. That converts to approximately 2.375mm
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline chris.parelon

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »
Thanks a lot for this.

And last question about the tremolo is that it seams that the back stop screw didnt work at all to change from static to floating.
Any ideas ?

Chris

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:09:27 AM »
... the back stop screw didnt work at all to change from static to floating.

Do you mean the Step-Stop? Are you following the instructions in the handbook? Have you removed the cover so you can see what's happening?
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline chris.parelon

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »
Yes i remove the cover and i check in this PDF file in page 5 : http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/stories/manuals/Parker%20PDF%20Series%20Manual.pdf

But i can screw counter-clockwise and clockwise nothing happend i only can bend down the Bridge.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »
Oh, I see. My comments apply to the Fly models, which have a completely different tremolo system. I don't know much about the PDF models.

Offline chris.parelon

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »
The one for my pre-refined Fly set screw (and also the saddle adjusters) measures 0.093 inches; and a generic wrench marked 3/32, measuring 0.094 inches works too, with a noticeably tighter fit. These are the measurements between the flat sides. That converts to approximately 2.375mm

So yesterday i found a 3/32 wrench. I have made a size check and it seams that it is 2.4mm.
The point is when i tried to insert it the Wrench was a bit too big.
Any ideas ? Or any place i can get online an inbetween 2 and 2.4 mm wrench ??   :o

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »

So yesterday i found a 3/32 wrench. I have made a size check and it seams that it is 2.4mm.
The point is when i tried to insert it the Wrench was a bit too big.
Any ideas ? Or any place i can get online an inbetween 2 and 2.4 mm wrench ??   :o

Apparently many wrench manufacturers are not very precise with their tolerances. You could try filing/sanding the one you bought, or maybe buy a different brand.

Offline chris.parelon

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »
hehe, thanks for the idea to remove 1-2 micron of metal on the Wrench !!!
It works like a charm.

But what make me laugh is i try to find a wrench for almost 2 weeks that fit and when i got the good one i realize i only have to turn it clockwise for 3  mm  !!

Anyway thanks again.  ;D