Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: P38 guitar came with no piezo pickup  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Chrisguitarpiano

P38 guitar came with no piezo pickup
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
Hello all,
I recently ordered a p38 guitar from guitar center.  I read a lot of articles about the guitar and my understanding was that they all came with piezo pickup systems.  However when it arrived it just had a standard 3 pickup guitar switch and no switch for the piezo pickups.  The ones I saw pictured on the internet all had 3 knobs, a piezo switch as well as the 5 way pickup switch, but this one only has two knobs and a 5 way switch.  Can anyone explain this?  Do you think someone worked on it?  Or did they make one model that has this pickup configuration?  I looked online at more pictures and saw that some had the two knob configuration but most have the 3 knob confiuration like on a parker fly deluxe.  I'm probably going to have to return it because my main reason to get it in addition to my strat deluxe is that it would have piezo pickups.
-Chris

Re: P38 guitar came with no piezo pickup

Offline sybersitizen

Re: P38 guitar came with no piezo pickup
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »
If you download the 2001 catalog from the Parker site, you'll see both the P-38 with piezos and the P-38 Standard without piezos. Apparently you accidentally picked up the Standard version.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers