Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone using an acoustic DI with their piezo?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Musicman2000

Anyone using an acoustic DI with their piezo?
« on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
Some of my favorite sounds coming from a Parker are the split electronics and piezo for acoustics.
Having the option to either mix between the two or go straight piezo with a few toggle selections never fails to impress me.

My electronics currently go to a Yamaha DXR10. (Full Range Flat Response speaker)
I'm using a Genz Benz Shenendoah 60 for acoustics.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24612870

I'm considering lightening my footprint some more and wondering whether a quality DI might get me those acoustic results patched directly to the DXR10. (Using a separate available channel on the DXR10 thereby eliminating the Shen 60)

Some of the DI's I've been looking into so far: (But obviously are gearing more towards full body acoustic instruments)
LR Braggs Para Acoustic
Fishman Aura 16

I'm not looking for a  plethora of acoustic tones here, just a single quality acoustic tone driven through a DI and my Fishman Element piezo similar to what I'm getting with the Shen 60.

Given the right DI, anyone had any good experience getting there?

Thx
Paul

Trans green Nitefly Mojo Flame, Kemper Profiler, Yamaha DXR10, Genz Benz Shen60, G-Flex 2x12 w/Black Shadow's

Re: Anyone using an acoustic DI with their piezo?

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »
Some of my favorite sounds coming from a Parker are the split electronics and piezo for acoustics.
Having the option to either mix between the two or go straight piezo with a few toggle selections never fails to impress me.

Same here.

I've been happy with the piezo enhancement provided by the Fishman Aura Spectrum... actually, I bought it based on a number of comments from others in this very forum. It offers quite a few variations, but I have a few favorite settings that I stick with.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Bagatell

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »

Same here.

I've been happy with the piezo enhancement provided by the Fishman Aura Spectrum... actually, I bought it based on a number of comments from others in this very forum. It offers quite a few variations, but I have a few favorite settings that I stick with.

Ditto but I seldom use the piezo on its own.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 07:23:51 PM »
As a public service, I'll share my favorite Aura Spectrum settings (the black dots) for use with my Deluxe:

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 09:58:38 PM »
The Aura is an IR processor.
I bought one and I was not super impressed with the IRs loaded in the system.  But there are some useful sounds.
I am currently using an Axe FX and putting my piezo through an IR that I created myself based on some recordings of Tommy Emanuel.
This has been for me the best system ever.
I had a thread on the Fractal Forum with an uploaded demo.  Not sure where that is but if you look up Tommy, Patzag and Acoustic on the forum it should show up.  The IR is also available for download.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II