Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dan Hicks  (Read 975 times)

Offline Mr303

Dan Hicks
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:04:17 AM »
Dan Hicks mainly plays acoustic guitar but that doesn't stop him from electrifying a show.
 He plays really great lead, rich deep rhythm and has written many tunes that are now standards. "I scare myself" for example. His band "Dan Hicks and his hot licks" has been around since the Haight Ashbury days.
  I've chatted with Dan after a couple shows and even a few years later he still recognizes Me and greets like friend.  I've seen his show a few times and I always seem to bump into him before the show just mingling around.  Even though he's over 6' tall most people don't recognize him when he wanders the venue so he takes time to talk. His band is always tighter than a drum and his shows are fun. The guys pushing 73 and still touring! Talk about staying power Dan has it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:07:40 AM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Re: Dan Hicks

Offline Plato5v

Re: Dan Hicks
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
I have been a fan since I saw him on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.  I have all of his CD's.  He has a very different sounds and is also funny.  I love lots of his songs, one such is "the piano has been drinking".  It is very different as well as his hit "How Can I Forget You If You Want Go Away".  While it has a humorous theme it is also a good song as well as many of his songs.