Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Selling my Deluxe Hardtail  (Read 101 times)

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
Selling my Deluxe Hardtail
« on: July 02, 2019, 02:13:53 PM »
Hi all,
I've listed my Deluxe Hardtail on Reverb.com.  I've include lots of details in the Ad, but feel free to ask more questions if I've missed anything.

https://reverb.com/item/25830054-parker-fly-deluxe-hardtail-95
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'98 Fly Classic, Transparent Red
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail

Re: Selling my Deluxe Hardtail

Offline joedreamliner787

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:32:52 AM »
Hi all,
I've listed my Deluxe Hardtail on Reverb.com.  I've include lots of details in the Ad, but feel free to ask more questions if I've missed anything.

Hi Luke, I was looking at this because I am in the market for a Hardtail that I plan to convert to Bronze style guitar by widening the nut slots and slapping on acoustic strings. The two things that concern me is the chip on the neck. Has this been repaired and leveled out? Next, it almost looks like there is orange peel in the paint, or was hit with a buffer wheel kind of hard but I do know on the earlier models the paint was thinner and you can see the carbon fiber exoskeleton under the clear. I plan to have Shazrock repaint it and I am taking that into account otherwise I may be interested.   

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
Yes, I actually considered modding the nut for bronze strings, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because 1) I am lazy, and 2) because the guitar is in such great condition. 
The paint chip on the neck is something I only realized as I was taking close-up pictures for the ad.  I've been playing it for years and never even noticed the chip because it is so shallow. 
There's no orange peel on the paint.  If you are referring to the pictures of the back surface, that it the composite cloth texture you are seeing.  There's no evidence of amateur buffing either.
I get why someone would want to change the color (Majik Blue is not as cool as it was in the 90's), but if you do get Shazrock to repaint it, hopefully they can achieve the same original thin coating.  If it gets thicker it will gain weight and the resonance may not be what is once was. 
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
[/quote]
The two things that concern me is the chip on the neck. Has this been repaired and leveled out?
[/quote]

I later realized that the ridiculously close up pictures of the dings (such as the paint chip on the neck) probably scared a lot of prospective buyers away.  I guess one way you can put into perspective the magnitude of the chip is that my fingerprint shows up very clearly as well. :)
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey