Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Craigslist Specials  (Read 14193 times)

Offline jb63

Re: Craigslist Specials
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2019, 07:40:51 PM »
Its a tough one. Ask to see the serial #, then you can get a better look at the paint job. Its going to take some work to get it all going right, but you can ask right out if its a factory paint job. I'm assuming he's going to have to ship it to you, so there's that. Keep it under $1000!

(wasn't there someone on the forum with a Lakewood, CO location?)

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »
Price drop....$995! is this a red flag ?

The seller might be monitoring the forum. Or it's just a coincidence.

Ask to see the serial #, then you can get a better look at the paint job.

The number is shown in the listing, but I don't remember if it was there before. Looks to me like an original red finish that was repainted on the front following some modifications.

Regarding what to do about it ... beats me. I elect to sit back and observe the outcome.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Mr303

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
If the CL map is right the seller is 10 minutes from me so seeing it wouldn’t be hard, but I don’t think it’s worth wasting time on at this point due to the obvious problems and possible hidden ones.
The price was listed as $1395.

I asked to see the serial number, if it was ribbon cable or hard wire, and what gauge strings he had on it.
I’m certain my number is flagged now and even if I did want to buy it I probably can’t ,  lol, being the inquisitive sort I am.

Seems like a great time waster and if I didn’t have a couple fly’s already it might be fun to tackle for $5-600.

My main reason for posting was because it looked odd and for a working or easily to get working Mojo the price was ok. 
The input from everyone here tells me to avoid the situation and just restring the old hardtail since the temperature is only getting to 35 today....

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and comments.

If the CL seller is watching this post text me, let’s talk about a realistic cash price.

It will be interesting to see if it gets off CL.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:39:30 AM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain