Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nitefly S/S/S pickguard: installation & ordering in the UK  (Read 2705 times)

Offline richh

Nitefly S/S/S pickguard: installation & ordering in the UK
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »
I've got 2 old NiteFly guitars, which I love (as well as a MidiFly).  All of these are humbucker at the bridge with two single coil pickups.  So 2 questions:

Where is the best place to order a new pickguard for 3 x single coils, given that I'm based in the UK?

Also, will it be fairly easy to fit the pickups in the guitar - I'm trying a set of Lindy Fralins, intended for a Strat.  I'm assuming the neck and mid positions will be fine, but not sure if the bridge humbucker will allow space for a single coil?  I'm guessing it will be okay?

Thanks for any ideas folks!

Re: Nitefly S/S/S pickguard: installation & ordering in the UK

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
https://reverb.com/item/105030-white-parker-american-fly-3-single-pickups-pickguard

In the US, so not sure how hard shipping would hit ya. You could also try ebay. I also found a very RED 3 single coil nitefly pick-guard, if that type of thing suits you and your guitar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181704637437

As far as fitment...what exactly are your concerns? The body route in Nitefly's with pickguards is nothing short of a massive hole in the body. You can fit anything you want in there if you have the right pickguard. Parker DID make 3 single coil niteflys in the early runs, the NFv1 and NFv3.

Hope this helps  (:

Offline richh

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
Thanks for that, great news, really glad to see the routing cavity in the NiteFly, should make it easy to put any pickup configuration in there!

Also, thanks for the links, all good.  If anybody has order these from the UK it would be good to hear.  I also am aware I could order from WD, but that still involves shipping from the States.

Offline Brisarian

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:33:16 PM »
Not Sure if you have a Parker Pickguard yet for your Parker Nitefly but you can get one here

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pickguards-c62/parker-c302/nitefly-v1-3-singlecoils-c305

They are based in Kent and do many designs Hope this helps

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:26:23 AM »
I've just ordered an HHS from wdmusic.co.uk for my post apocalyptic grunge machine!
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...