Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: banned?  (Read 8047 times)

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
banned?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 04:19:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bno

quote:
Originally posted by Bill

The Bill Gates Foundation should give us all a Fly.

Let's see, 3,000 AB Fly's @ $10,000 each is $30,000,000.  Gosh, that would help the bottom line a bit.  Maybe they could squeek out a couple of seven stringers and a bit of swag after that.....

'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Well, by the time Parker could have 3,000 AB flys handbuilt to spec and QC, They'll have a seven string Parker, cures for cancer and aids, and computers will be replaced with the abacus once again, so the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation won't need to invest in health anymore.  lol

banned?

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
banned?
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 07:56:43 AM »
trap,
My comment was not specifically pointed to you but just an overall comment.  No disrespect, man!  I'm glad you're here.

It seems like many of the posts on the board are so extreme one way or the other (either total love or total slamming), and I'm sure it all stems for our passion for this incredible line of instruments.  I think some of us are so use to defending the Parker brand to others that just don't get it that it can be easy to lash out when changes occur.

It's a bit off topic, but I am happy that Parker is introducing new instruments...especially ones that differ from the original design.  If the goal is to convert more guitarists to be Parker players, then options need to be available.  The good thing is that we have the ability to choose which model we want.  If a single cut is not your (generallly speaking) cup of tea, then you are in luck because there are a number of other options that Parker provides.  I'm sure many people had felt the same way when other guitar manufactures created new shapes and models in the past.  The difference today is that the internet exists and others can read about each others comments much more readily.

Parker makes works of art, but it is also a business.  They need to sell guitars to remain in business.  If the demand is there for a new shape or model, then they should try to fill that demand.  And if US Music hadn't aquired Parker, then there would be no new models as Parker (as a company) would no longer be here.

A wise Dug once said "and the beatles said all you need is love".  True dat!

Jason Davis
guitarist/songwriter/producer
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Jason Davis is a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Mojo Strings, and BMG Music Publishing Artist.  Join Jason's MySpace community at myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic

banned?

Offline aenigma

banned?
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 10:05:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Davis

No offense, guys, but perhaps this will cause us all to not react so quickly and harshly in assuming that posts have been deleted.  Stuff happens.  We're here because we are fans of Parker.  Let's not be so quick to judge and throw the company (especially John) under the bus when something happens unexpectedly.

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Jason Davis is a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Mojo Strings, and BMG Music Publishing Artist.  Join Jason's MySpace community at myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic

Yeah only my post did get deleted.

banned?

Offline Jason Davis

banned?
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 10:18:28 AM »
aenigma,
Sorry to hear that.  It didn't happen by me.  Perhaps it was moved to another part of the board where the topic was better suited...?

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

banned?

Offline lazaraga

banned?
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 10:32:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Davis

It seems like many of the posts on the board are so extreme one way or the other (either total love or total slamming), and I'm sure it all stems for our passion for this incredible line of instruments.

i see very few examples of what you say are extreme viewpoints.

as an example, a week or 2 ago i made a post in a thread in which i detailed some of the issues i have with my mojo nitefly, concluding with my overall praise and satisfaction with the instrument.

the post was deleted (not by me).

it's too bad we can't discuss some of the issues we have w/o censorship here.  would you rather these things be brought up in a place like hc's review section where they could not be addressed by parker representatives?

peace

banned?

Offline aenigma

banned?
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 10:50:13 AM »
Exactly, thats what happend to mine.I posted in a thread about someones Parker being half dead(piezos not working) and found out in the same thread that Parker doesn't even sell a replacement circuit board so my guitar is basically worthless now since it has the same problem like alot of Parkers seem to have.So I posted and also listed some of the many things wrong with my Parker and that post was deleted.

All the posts in the past where I praised the Parker were fine, but as soon as I make a post that isn't positive it gets deleted.

banned?

Offline Jason Davis

banned?
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 11:14:30 AM »
Look, guys.  I'm a moderator, but I'm also one of you.  I play Parker Guitars.  I have a passion for them just as you.  I pay for my instruments.  And, like most of you, I'm not a Parker employee.

My point is that it has become a tendency for people to come to the board with a concern/complaint and, though the course of time and responses posted, the thread becomes a bashfest on Parker.  Once the concern is addressed, praises are suddenly sung for Parker by some of the same people.  I'm not saying that it applies to anyone here as a part of this thread.  I am saying, however, that it happens pretty frequently.

There are many posts that can be found on this forum with harsh criticism concerning the vision of the company, Customer Service, and the guitars themselves.  Many times those posts are moved to a more appropriate part of the forum (such as the Tech Discussion Page).  They are certainly not censored unless inappropriate language is used.  That is the discretion of the administrator as it should be.  This is a Parker Forum paid for by Parker Guitars/US Music.  We are guests.  Hey...at least there's a forum, right?

Comments and criticism should be posted here.  How else can we all express feedback?  Ideas from this forum have already been implemented in new and future guitars, and that is great to see.  I think our passion at times (not all of the time, but there are instances) for this line gets the best of us, and it is hard to let cooler heads prevail when something personal happens.  However, that is what we should aspire to do.  I think our issues and concerns will be better addressed that way.

No disrespect.  I'm just throwning in my $.02 like the rest of you.

Why can't we just get along?  8^)

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

banned?

Offline aenigma

banned?
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 02:31:57 PM »
Well I am not pointing any fingers here Jason, I don't know who deleted my post.I just know that deleting a post like that is censoring and that really shocked me.I have never been on a forum that has censoring like that.

But like I said before I always praised Parkers.I came on here to find a little about a Parker I was interested in then after I got it I posted to say how amazing it was.
It went on like this for awhile even as countless problems kept creeping up I just kind of ignored them convincing myself the guitar is perfect and the problems are nothing to worry about.Finally I just faced reality, plus the fact that I can't get a circuit board for it made me mad so I posted about it.What can I say, when the guitar that I love so much literally starts falling apart I am not going to be happy.Especially when I find out it can't even be fixed.Just losing the piezo didn't bother me that much, it is the fact that it wastes batteries so fast and that with low batteries the magnetic pickups start sounding awful.It just gets old to pick up the guitar to play it only to find it needs yet another battery.

Also, my post didnt have any bad language, and I have never seen a post itself get moved, just threads.Posts just get deleted.

Basically the post was just me venting about the circuit board problem, it just irked me that it was deleted.

Oh well, just wanted to clear up what happened with me specifically and why it bothered me.

banned?

Offline 908ssp

banned?
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 02:59:26 PM »
Sorry I don't have any sympathy for you aenigma, your the world owes me attitude doesn't cut it with me. Good thing I am not a moderator you'd be history. Got that off my chest.

You want help with your guitar ask nicely. If you have resigned yourself to not having piezos you could throw the battery away. For 20 bucks you can put conventional guitar wiring in there and it would probably sound better then stock.

You can buy piezo pre amps from other companies for other applications and replace yours if you wanted as well.

Mods like this are common practice in the rest of the guitar industry that you "Expect" Parker to do it for you says a lot for Parker.

Alex
2005 Parker Mojo
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
2005 Fly Bass
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
1968 Marshall JMP50
1982 Boogie MKIIC+
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

banned?

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
banned?
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 10:44:12 PM »
AS OF THIS MOMENT, YOU HAVE ALL BEEN BANNED!... POOF!!! [:0]

www.USCustomShop.com "coming soon"
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

banned?

Offline bostjan

banned?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 10:55:34 PM »

banned?

Offline bostjan

banned?
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »
just a joke, I don't want anyone to be banned...but some of you guys could probably use some deoderant!

banned?

Offline Jason Davis

banned?
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 07:50:38 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Great smiley, bostjan!

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

banned?

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
banned?
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 09:28:32 AM »
oh dear this censorship merry-go-round just keeps on spinning.

if i made it free access for people to post their thoughts on my windows at home for passers-by to read,i would take down any that said "the owner of this house is lazy and smelly".  (and not because of the bad punctuation!!)

get my point?  why are people so outraged that Parker can DECIDE what it displays on its OWN forum?  it's like someone forcing you to denigrate yourself in front of your friends.  and yes, ring tech support first!!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

banned?

Offline trap

banned?
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 12:45:58 PM »
parker can indeed decide,but it would only be fair to let people know where the boundaries are,and alert them in advance if an infraction occured.not just delete posts at will. but yes,do call tech support first,they will be the ones who will help the problem ultimately. my  mojo problem occured before the forum was in existence and they made good on it.