Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DF series ID help  (Read 5436 times)

Offline bigboki

Re: DF series ID help (vote now!)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
One odd bit is the USM labeled pups as in a df422 configuration.

New poll:

Any votes on what it is?
The closest correct description wins a beer on me next time you visit Denver Colorado.

My vote for now is a modified PDF model.
(Non Shazrock neck paint since no serial number, with possibly a Parker trem/piezo add on, tuners, maybe a different nut.

compare the neck heels between DF and PDF
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,15470.msg136320.html#msg136320

jb63 did great comparison shots between his DF and PDF.
So I hope that will definitely answer if the guitar you looked into is DF or PDF

hope this helps
yours Bojan

Re: DF series ID help

Offline Mr303

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
Cool, good idea.
Just compared eBay photo to my PDF105.....exactly the same heel bolts and pattern.
It's a PDF Franken Parker.
thanks Bojan.
Every bit of info helps.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:34:53 PM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline Mr303

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
Ok I have the guitar in hand.
I was worried about buying this one....but now,

I'm calling my new Parker a keeper, it's a PDF "75"  8)

It's a PDF70 With the neck serial number painted over.
Standard USM pups/ tuners/ Parker trem, etc.

It's been modded well and the upgrades improve the overall rig to very acceptable levels.

Mods:
Added ghost piezo's including micro toggle switch, volume pot/knob and electronics.
Added a second pot to the mags which separated coil taps for each pickup, (push/pull.)

Paint job on neck:
Turned out to be a very well executed nice paint job to neck and headstock (close color but not exact match to original or size of original metal flake, very minor but noticeable nonetheless.)

In a side by side comparison with another tangerine PDF70, the "PDF75" has a redder mandarin orange hue. Obviously differing paint lots account for this but if I could have spec'd color this is very close to what I like.  :)

Due to slightly heavier body and setup, the sustain seems better than my stock PDF 105 and the well executed work makes this rig a definite keeper.

I think it sounds better than my stock 105 at this point, and the coil taps (which the 105 lacks) push it just a little more into the really good category.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:05:40 AM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline Lisa B

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 09:23:41 PM »
We, at Shazrock, had nothing to do with this guitar. We restore guitars to "like new" state, including replacement of factory original serial numbers, logos, and fret markers. If you ever have a question of whether it was repainted by us, you can contact us. We keep serial number historical records on hand.

Offline Mr303

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »
We, at Shazrock, had nothing to do with this guitar. We restore guitars to "like new" state, including replacement of factory original serial numbers, logos, and fret markers. If you ever have a question of whether it was repainted by us, you can contact us. We keep serial number historical records on hand.

I realize this guitar was never modded by you folks from the simple facts you stated above.
Thanks for responding back.
- Mark Twain