Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to find the specific model of a parker guitar  (Read 1820 times)

Offline christost68

How to find the specific model of a parker guitar
« on: April 27, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
Hi! I want  to buy a parker guitar from a friend of mine. He bought it between 2002 and 2010. It is a fly model and has the number 029052BMH on the end of the strings. Is there a way to find out which particular model is and what the price of a new one was?

Re: How to find the specific model of a parker guitar

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:04:42 AM »
The serial number indicates that it's a 2002 Classic. The cost when new... I dunno, a few thousand dollars. More important at this point is the current market price for those. Based on recent eBay sales, say $1000-$1500 depending on condition and accessories:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Guitar-/3858/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=16&_nkw=parker+classic+guitar&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline christost68

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:57:34 PM »
Thank you very much!
 How do you know the year and the model? What does each digit of the S/N indicates? It 'd be good for me to know in order to compare with other Parker models on ebay and agree on a logical price (the specific guitar is in perfect condition).

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
How do you know the year and the model? What does each digit of the S/N indicates?

There is at least a little bit of useful information on the poorly maintained Parker website:

http://www.parkerguitars.com/About/faqs.html#faq7

The old serial numbers also contain info about the type of wood used. BMH means basswood neck and mahogany body, and that means it's a Classic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:02:31 PM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
How do you know the year and the model? What does each digit of the S/N indicates?

There is at least a little bit of useful information on the poorly maintained Parker website:

http://www.parkerguitars.com/About/faqs.html#faq7

The old serial numbers also contain info about the type of wood used. BMH means basswood neck and mahogany body, and that means it's a Deluxe.

Actually Basswood and Mahogany means it's a CLASSIC.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 11:01:58 PM »
Actually Basswood and Mahogany means it's a CLASSIC.

Yes - as I said in my first post. I had a brain hiccup in the second post... now corrected, thanks.

Offline christost68

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the posts. They helped a lot! :)