Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maxx pdf100QCG - can't find reviews  (Read 1937 times)

Offline robbentrower

Maxx pdf100QCG - can't find reviews
« on: May 02, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
There is ONE of these guitars left in Canada via retail. All major music stores I know of have all dropped the parker line in the last five years, making it virtually impossible to find a parker guitar to try out in person.

I found one store that has the maxx pdf100QCG for $799. One left and then no more. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Is this a good deal? Does anyone own a mojo as well as this guitar? I own a limited Edition mojo and wonder how it compares. I need a backup up parker in case something happens to my mojo so that's why I am considering the maxx fly. My other option is buy a used mojo for $1500 on eBay.

The odd thing is that when I searched for reviews of this guitar, I found about 25 blog reviews. Every single  one was removed. Very odd.

I checked out the guitar at the store and found it very light, but I would really need to to use it at home for a few days with my equipment to get a better impression. Please let me know of any problems there may have been with this model. While I love my parker, I amwell aware of the problems this company has had in recent years with quality issues on their top line models, so I can only imagine what problems might exist on these cheap models.

Re: Maxx pdf100QCG - can't find reviews

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »
... Please let me know of any problems there may have been with this model.

I don't recall reading of any specific problems. It's a simple instrument after all, nothing really exotic about it that I'm aware of.

My own opinion is that $800 is a little high for something like that, and I would prefer to have a used Fly of some kind for not a whole lot more.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
I did setup for a friend's pdf60 a few weeks ago. There's a number of pdf blems on eBay for less money if you're not picky about color or finish.  I would totally buy one these if I needed one. Sounds and plays great. Especially for the $300 he spent. For about $500 you could get the nicer finish and piezo (I think).
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline taxguydave

• Don't force it! Use a bigger hammer.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 09:04:10 AM »
I have one.  Great guitar, nice neck, but not a Fly either.  I bought mine used, but in almost new condition, on EBay for $300.  For $800 you should be able to find a PDF105, which has the piezo as well.

But even at $800, it beats the heck out of almost any other guitar in that price range.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
'09 DF842
'93 Fly Deluxe Hardtail
'08 PM20
'09 PM20
'13 PDF70
'09 PMS

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
Decent guitars.  Can't pull in the trem (down only) that's my main "beef" but I did not buy this for whammy antics!  :)
Make sure the bridge is not too close to the front of the cavity.  I got one that was so close the body squeaked when the bridge rubbed against it while the whammy was used.
Good sound, nice light weight.

Now - if I were you, I'd get a used Deluxe or Classic as a backup for your Mojo.  22 Frets feel VERY different than 24 so if you use the Mojo all the time, switching to the different geometry of the PDF WILL be weird.
Cheers
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38:41 AM »
Good point about the number of frets.

When I set up my friends pdf60, I also thought it was weird that the bar wouldn't pull up. 

Turns out there was a set screw through the back that you could set as a hard stop, you can adjust it so the bar does up and down.   

Played it again over the weekend with his Mesa mark V, sounded amazing.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]