Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My hand/homemade Parker Fly  (Read 909 times)

Offline SA8TER21

My hand/homemade Parker Fly
« on: May 24, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
So sense I first saw a parker fly I always wanted one. Me not being good at playing guitar or play them as often as I would want to play I didnt really want to spend upwards of a grand for a guitar I wouldnt play every moment of every day. So years and years later I started to work in a guitar custom shop and after building 2 guitars from scrap wood I figured Id make a parker fly with what I would want it to be hardware wise. Someone I knew had the Fly carve top cad program somehow and we cut out the top on the CNC. So the top is pretty much 1:1 exact cut of a real Fly. I was originally was going to make it a morphed guitar with a different style headstock but figured sense I was going to be routing everything by hand and we made necks that where kindof like fenderesk necks that Id just find a neck that was getting thrown away because it had some blowout on the fretboard which was fixable. Cut the neck headstock out like a Fly and it was born. Everything other then the neck and the carve top where all done with a pinrouter, plunge router, and angle grinder with handsanding. All put together by me. Sense the shop I built this at is no longer open right as the shop was closing the last coat of paint and clear didnt get finished and I dont have the tools or skills to have had finished it so I decided to leave it as it was which isnt to bad except for a couple of burns in the paint from color sanding it. Once I get better at spraying paint Ill finish the paintjob.

Specs of the guitar are.

Set in neck
Maple neck with Madagascar Rosewood fretboard, and Yellow moto dot inlays
Alder body
Grover vintage style 6 inline tuners
Pickups are a real set of EBMM EVH Dimarzios
Tonepros locking tune-o-matic bridge and stoptail
Electronics are cts pots 1 Vol 1 Tone with a push pull coiltap and recessed electrosocket jack

If you have any questions about the guitar feel free to ask. :D

I purely made this guitar for myself and not for money gain. I really wanted to build one for myself to enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:27:54 PM by SA8TER21 »

Re: My hand/homemade Parker Fly

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
Great work!
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »
Better than any piece of junk hybrid I ever put together...

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:23:06 AM »
Impressive work

Offline Mr303

• Intoxicated rat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »
Nice job!