Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adam D's DF842  (Read 1692 times)

Offline taxguydave

• Don't force it! Use a bigger hammer.
Adam D's DF842
« on: June 11, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
I bought it.  I wanted a DF842 and it was a good deal.  I had to check out You Tube because I really wasn't familiar with Killswitch Engage.  I love metal, but they're really not to my taste.  I must say though--dude can play guitar.

That's him with this guitar.

But I bought it because I wanted a 24 fret carbon wrapped guitar with the glass fretboard in the newer body shape.  Which I have, and it's a beauty.

It came with a hard case.  No relicing required.

It's trans Ocean Blue on the front, Black Ice on the back.  It's reflexive, so it looks dark blue to black in most indoor light.  Even the front is reflexive.  I had never seen a transparent reflexive finish before.

One of the screwiest things about it is the fact that it has two battery compartments.  One for the Fishman Powerchip, one for the EMG 81/85.  The wiring all looks factory, too.  I'm sure it was built to spec.  It also has a push pull switch that turns out to be the power switch for the EMG's.  Since they're running on a separate battery, they aren't connected to the switch on the jack.  So they burn batteries.

Or at least they did.  I swore that this was one guitar that I wouldn't mod, but I did anyway.  :D I don't much like active pickups, so I replaced them with EMG H4/H4a passives.  Which look just like the actives.  So don't tell anybody.

I've briefly thought of putting the original pups on EBay.  Your chance to own Adam D's real stage used pups!  Yay

But I won't. 

The weirdest thing of all is the headstock.  It was made in 2009, the same year as my FMS/PM60/PMS, so it must have been a weird year in the shop.

No extra wood on the headstock.  They probably made others like it, but I've never seen one.  I like it a lot better, and it's still flared and hangs just fine on a regular guitar hanger.

The controls are two volumes and two selector switches.  The tone controls are on my amp.

He also signed it when he traded it in.

I love it.  I wouldn't have turned my nose up at an Adrian Belew model, but who needs the built in effects unit and midi interface anyway?  I also think that the Sustaniac would be annoying.  I do love Tangerine, though.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:24:40 PM by taxguydave »
'09 DF842
'93 Fly Deluxe Hardtail
'08 PM20
'09 PM20
'13 PDF70
'09 PMS

Re: Adam D's DF842

Offline bigboki

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
Beautiful guitar,
congratulations!!!!!

Enjoy it immensely!

Rock ON

yours very truly
Bojan 

Offline Mr303

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
That is a nice looking axe!
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »
Sweet! Love those colors
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]