Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rivera Amps  (Read 3521 times)

Offline GAS doc

Rivera Amps
« on: July 05, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »
I have a Bronze Fly I received as a gift about 8 years ago.  I recently had shoulder surgery and my acoustics hurt to play so I rediscovered the Fly.  What a great guitar.  I put on a new set of phosphor bronzes and now it sounds great.  My question-does anyone have any experience playing through a Rivera Sedona?  It has an electric and acoustic channel-the sound is good through each side but I can't seem to nail just the right setting.  I have played miked acoustics for many years and have little experience with amps.  I purchased the Rivera from a music store that was closing(😒) for a great price-also got a Rivera Venus 3 for my grandson. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Rivera Amps

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »
HI Have no experience with the Rivera, unfortunately.  But I would give you the advice to pick up a unit that allows you to capture and play through Impulse Responses of good acoustic guitars.
I use the Fractal Audio Axe FX and have had great success with emulating miked acoustics with that.  And that's with steel strings.  I imagine with a good set of bronze, the sound must be awesome.
Two threads for you to check out:
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,13627.msg123910.html#msg123910
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/51715-wow-now-thats-what-im-talking-about-acoustic-tone-heaven.html

Cheers,
Patrick
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline GAS doc

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »
Thank you, sir.  I also have little experiences with tone matching but I will give them a try.  Thank you, again!

Offline GAS doc

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:51:15 AM »
PS to Patzag-your tone and playing were superb.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
Wow.  Thanks!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:26:41 AM »
gas-i've had good luck with an AER Basic Performer-240 watts, 4x8" in band pass cab as on-stage monitor, w/compression, and/or gas cooker pre into the system.

Offline jpleong

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »
Another terrific option is the Fishman Aura. Not the greatest with the older preamp/pickup combos but the newer Ghost system sounds shockingly convincing when paired with the Aura.

JP
2007 Fly Mojo Singlecut -STOLEN :(
MM Quilted-Maple Cherryburst
2009 Nitefly Mojo
Natural
2013 PDF105
Blackburst