Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker closed? EDIT: Parker NOT closed! RE-Edit: Ummm....  (Read 17015 times)

Offline Big Swifty

Parker closed? EDIT: Parker NOT closed! RE-Edit: Ummm....
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
(EDIT: Check the response from Forum Admin jd84mc884qb down the thread a little, clears it up.)

(RE-EDIT: 2016 Mmmm, looks like it is closed)

Well....

The bridge pup on my fly broke the other day, so in researching options/rewinds/replacements etc i came across a few old posts here about fitting new inserts in the body to accommodate for replacement pups and their different pole spacing.

I contacted USM to see if these parts were available, and received the following response:

We are sorry that these parts are no longer available from Parker Guitars.
There is no way to get them anymore as the USA Parker Guitars division is now closed.
Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,
Parker Guitars
Customer Service and Sales Support
U.S. Music Corporation

!

Did i just miss the bus on this one, or is it common knowledge?

*sigh

Parker on..for as long as possible...

Big Swifty
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:55:57 PM by Big Swifty »
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Re: Parker closed?

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:00:06 PM »
The news has been out for over a month... but it has been hidden in this harmless-sounding thread:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,15786.msg138477.html
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »
Right, thanks for the pointer sybersitizen.

Well, it's a darn shame to see a great guitar and a great idea come to the end of it's commercial life.

I love seeing the occasional Fly pop up in the wild, may they long continue to do so.

Big Swifty

94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »
The strange thing is that despite the very direct email revelations, we get utter silence on the official website, and utter silence here in the forum from company reps. Yet the Parker Facebook page continues to get simplistic updates every few days... all smiley-happy stuff and not a discouraging word to be heard there. There's a feel-good 'news' update there today, posted just seven hours ago.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Mr303

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »
Well

I contacted USM to see if these parts were available, and received the following response:

We are sorry that these parts are no longer available from Parker Guitars.
There is no way to get them anymore as the USA Parker Guitars division is now closed.
Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,
Parker Guitars
Customer Service and Sales Support
U.S. Music corporation
.  Hmmm, this blurb sounds quite definite.
 I only found parkers a couple years ago!
Guess there's no custom shop for me, ever.
  I think I did see a bit on here about Parkers going to be made in Europe, possibly by Strandberg?

The strange thing is that despite the very direct email revelations, we get utter silence on the official website, and utter silence here in the forum from company reps. Yet the Parker Facebook page continues to get simplistic updates every few days... all smiley-happy stuff and not a discouraging word to be heard there. There's a feel-good 'news' update there today, posted just seven hours ago.

The Parker website lauded the new Facebook blogger awhile back, so I usually have assumed any happy happy joy joy is drivel generated on a smartphone whenever convenient without any real concern for facts, or useful information especially for fans or forum members.
Once again Facebook proves to be an extreme waste of time....Mr303 don't do Facebook.   8)

Gather together the Parkers you own, count your lucky stars, especially if you have more than one special model.

Think I'll just stay here and drink!

Cheers!
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:25:37 PM »

I think I did see a bit on here about Parkers going to be made in Europe, possibly by Strandberg?

Cheers!

You've got the Strandberg story wrong.   Parker (Washburn) used to make the Custom Shop models for Strandberg.

But don't drink your money away.  Buy my Custom instead!  😃

Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 02:41:47 AM »
Well, I seriously expect the website and the forum to be suddenly gone without any warning some dark day soon.
However there are several people on the forum I'd like to stay in contact with.

For those of you who would like to stay in contact with me: PM me for my e-mail address or my Skype name.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Mr303

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »

Cheers!

You've got the Strandberg story wrong.   Parker (Washburn) used to make the Custom Shop models for Strandberg.

But don't drink your money away.  Buy my Custom instead!  😃

Ok.  Yes after looking at the Strandberg site you are correct sir! 
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »
USA Parker Guitars division is now closed.

I must say that I am not surprised by this news. Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.  ???

Since day one with the introduction of the Fly it's been a continuous uphill battle on every front for Parker.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:28:12 AM »
Well, I seriously expect the website and the forum to be suddenly gone without any warning some dark day soon.

I have an alternative just in case that dark day arrives:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php?topic=15821.msg138734

Offline jd84mc884qb

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »
From the horse's mouth, here's what's happening folks. The USA shop here has ceased production but Parker is not closing or going out of business. We are currently looking for another USA source for our high end Parkers. The PDF series will continue to be available and customer service will continue to help current Parker owners to the best of their ability. In the case of the OP, the guitar in question was from the mid '90s and these parts have not been available for quite some time. Hopefully this will ease your minds that Parker is not going to disappear and we're here for you.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »
From the horse's mouth, here's what's happening folks. The USA shop here has ceased production but Parker is not closing or going out of business. We are currently looking for another USA source for our high end Parkers. The PDF series will continue to be available and customer service will continue to help current Parker owners to the best of their ability. In the case of the OP, the guitar in question was from the mid '90s and these parts have not been available for quite some time. Hopefully this will ease your minds that Parker is not going to disappear and we're here for you.

Well this is (sorta) good news.  Thanks for the data!
Who do we contact for Customer support now?

Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline jd84mc884qb

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 03:51:26 PM »
You can continue to reach customer service through customer.service at usmusiccorp.com.

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »
Cheers thanks for clearing that up jd84mc884qb!

Glad to hear the brand will continue, i hope wherever it ends up maintains a commitment to high standards and etc etc.

For everyones info, i was after a few bits for my 94 Fly Deluxe and, yes, i realise it's been out of production for many years but you never know if there's still a few bits laying around someplace. You guys at USM did check down the back of the couch didn't you?  ;)

Ok, Parker onwards!

Big Swifty
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:17:54 AM by Big Swifty »
94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »
In the case of the OP, the guitar in question was from the mid '90s and these parts have not been available for quite some time.

Nonsense!! He was looking for threaded inserts to mount pickups, which have been the same (or similar enough to be used interchangeably) from 1991 to the current cease-production. The fault lies with everyone at USM who hears anything about an older fly and instantly blurts out "WE CAN'T (read: WONT) HELP YOU!"

I got a set for myself sometime in 2013-14 for a pre-refined Deluxe. The trick was to skirt around what year the guitar was made. Guess what? They worked perfectly. I hope if you find a new factory for U.S. production that with it comes a new method and mentality for supporting your end users.

Swifty, if you need some guidance finding threaded inserts that will work, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss. You're much better off leaving the old ones in place, so its not important for them to be exactly the same.