Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker closed? EDIT: Parker NOT closed! RE-Edit: Ummm....  (Read 19475 times)

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Re: Parker closed? EDIT: Parker NOT closed!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 01:09:33 AM »
To bembamboo:

Neither sybersitizen nor I wrote anything about issues. Most replies in this post are about wanting a clear statement regarding Parker's status and plans (or hopes) for the future. The only issues are clearly your own. Many forum members have expressed their sympathies for the problems you have with your guitar and that in an ideal world it's something that should have been addressed years ago, even though not too many instruments seem to be affected. But even more forum members have asked you again and again to stop beating this repeatedly killed and reanimated zombie horse by bringing up your number one topic in almost every post you're participating in. This repetition is so sad and tiring that even your forum posts seem to be leaning by now. So please don't enlist sybersitizen's name or my own to make your foolish quest for revenge look anything beyond the nuisance it has become.

You should worry about Parker's future too or you might be left without a company to hate or a forum to pester.

Greetings...
Nef
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:02:28 AM by Nefarius »

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
When the Majesty came out I immediately thought "hmmm, that concept sounds very much like a Parker". Lucky for me I also happen to like the design a lot. They are definitely on my "list of alternatives to test drive in case of a Parker worst case scenario".

Imagine Ernie Ball Music Man acquiring Parker USA and combining their "Game Changer" pickup concepts and impressive track record of quality control with our favorite carbon wrapped beauties and the world's best fretboards. Combining two of the very few guitar companies that dare to try new ideas. That would be a best case scenario for me, however unrealistic and unlikely.

Greetings...
Nef

That sounds like a GREAT idea!  I'm not holding my breath though...
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline CSereday

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
So parker ****ed me. They called sweet water and let them know they arnt comming through with my guitar. 6 months of waiting, and they call today when 2 weeks ago they told sweetwater the first week of august. Mother ****ers. What do I get now. I want something with those features, and there just isnt anything else like it.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
I want something with those features, and there just isnt anything else like it.

What features were you excited about? What was the price?
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline CSereday

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 06:40:26 AM »
Well, I'm mainly refering to the carbon fiber wrap, glass fretboard, 4lbs., piezo's. Mainly just the stuff that you dont find on anything but a parker.
I was payin full price 4300.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »
Well, I'm mainly refering to the carbon fiber wrap, glass fretboard, 4lbs., piezo's. Mainly just the stuff that you dont find on anything but a parker.
I was payin full price 4300.

Four pounds is the extreme light end of the scale; five will be more like it in most cases... but aside from that, I'm seeing plenty of Flys and MaxxFlys available new right now that meet your criteria - and a whole bunch of used options for quite a bit less.

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank?keywords=parker+guitar&rh=n%3A11091801%2Ck%3Aparker+guitar&qid=1438352703&sort=price-desc-rank

eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=parker+%28fly%2C+maxxfly%29&_sop=16&_osacat=33034&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=parker+%28fly%2C+maxxfly%29+-pdf&_sacat=33034
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:51:58 AM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline CSereday

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »
Practically all of the Maxxflys(I already have a 96 fly deluxe) out there are the radial neck joints. I had one for a bit to vet the Maxxfly shape before getting an 800 series, but I'm only interested in the 800 series currently.

I found a shop this morning that had a new tobacco burst 824, and picked it up for an awesome price. Its a little different(color, pup config,22v24 frets) but at the price I got it at, I'm very happy. So I guess my story ends happy. Kinda of lol

Offline Mr303

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
Practically all of the Maxxflys(I already have a 96 fly deluxe) out there are the radial neck joints. I had one for a bit to vet the Maxxfly shape before getting an 800 series, but I'm only interested in the 800 series currently.

I found a shop this morning that had a new tobacco burst 824, and picked it up for an awesome price. Its a little different(color, pup config,22v24 frets) but at the price I got it at, I'm very happy. So I guess my story ends happy. Kinda of lol

Cool, those 824's are nice guitars.  Let's see photos maybe?
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline CSereday

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 07:53:20 AM »

Offline Mr303

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »
Nice!
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Very!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX III

Offline jpleong

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »
Well. Crap. This is not the news I was hoping to find today.

JP
2007 Fly Mojo Singlecut -STOLEN :(
MM Quilted-Maple Cherryburst
2009 Nitefly Mojo
Natural
2013 PDF105
Blackburst

Offline Voice Of Reason

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »
This makes me worry about the serviceability of my 98 fly classic in the future. I have owned it for over 8 years.

While I love the guitar, I am at crossroads about what to do with it: sell or get the PTP wiring to extend life.

As for the rest...what if saddle parts or other small parts break? Springs, for instance, can be hard enough to find now, even five years ago. I can't imagine how it will be in 10 years.

The two nearest Parker dealers have never been much helpful. You should have seen how my Fly was set up when it returned from a well-known dealer. It was horrible (buzzing all over). I fixed it myself reading the fly manual and posts on this forum. It feels like it should now. The truth is that very few people know how to service those guitars properly. I had a similar experience with an issue with the older ribbon where I ended up being overcharged for what was a simple loose solder joint (from an official dealer).

It's similar situation to my Ibanez ZR...parts are getting harder to find and will be overpriced even more in a few years. The difference is that getting work done on the Fly would cost more down the line. I would likely have to send the guitar in to someone over the border, which isn't cheap. I'm not rich.

It's people like you guys on this forum that are keeping the original Fly alive. Without it, my mind would have been made up a long time ago.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:06:49 PM by Voice Of Reason »
1998 Fly Classic (my only Parker)

Offline Notes_Norton

• http://www.nortonmusic.com
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 08:33:34 PM »
The forum members have been a great help to me as well.

It's a shame that enough guitar players can't see past Gibson, Fender, PRS, and Ibanez to put Parker in a more prominent position in the marketplace.

I feel they are really under-appreciated guitars. If more people would try time, I'm sure they could become a major brand.

I too am concerned about the future of Parker and the serviceability of my guitars. If they break and become irreparable, I don't think I could find something that fits me as well as my Parkers. The light weight, the comfort, the tuning stability, the neck/frets, and the balance are all superb. It's so easy to play, it's almost like cheating.

On guitar forums, sometimes I feel like a one-man Parker salesman. Not for the future of the company, but to share the great thing I found with others. I'm sure I'm not alone in that respect.

I'll just have to take the future when it gets here.

Insights and incites by Notes
------------------

Bob "Notes" Norton

Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com aftermarket styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft Songsmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com the best duo in South FLorida

Offline aleclee

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
I don't think I could find something that fits me as well as my Parkers. The light weight, the comfort, the tuning stability, the neck/frets, and the balance are all superb. It's so easy to play, it's almost like cheating.
I've started looking at Strandberg as a current production alternatives to check (most of) those blocks.  I probably won't get one 'til I get a chance to lay hands on one (probably at NAMM) but they seem to do a lot of what I look for in a Parker.

Ironically, Strandberg was also affected by the closure of the Washburn Custom Shop.  They're moving their custom shop production back to Sweden.