Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best Place to Purchase a New Input Jack?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline TexasJim

Best Place to Purchase a New Input Jack?
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »
My '02(?) NiteFly SA has a bad jack. Other than USMusic or Third Coast Guitars, is there a place to buy these? I have an old stereo jack with switching capability, but I see insulators on some of the Nitefly contacts, and I'm not sure mine has those. I'm gonna check it with my VOM and see, but I think it may short out.

Thanks. I haven't posted here in years. Glad to see y'all are still active.

TexasJim,    back in Texas
Texas Jim

'02 NiteFly SA,
'98 Taylor 815CE
'91 Mexi-Strat

Re: Best Place to Purchase a New Input Jack?

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 11:55:01 AM »
I doubt that anyone stocks an original equipment jack anymore, including US Music. Most people here have ended up getting the readily available Fishman Switchjack instead, although some modification is apparently required. Try a forum search on that to see some specifics.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline TexasJim

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply, sybersitizen.  Since I had a stereo jack, I determined that it would function as a switchjack, grounding the battery minus to the shield, completing the power circuit. However, I also determined that my switchjack wasn't bad. From what my lobotomy results showed me, I must have a bad "Nite Mix Chip". All the leads and connections to it are functional, but there's no output. I jerry-rigged a mono-out jack off the magnetic pickup lead and at least I can play it in magnetic mode. Beats no output at all.

I guess I'll contact T'ird Coast Guitar Services and see if there's any replacement parts for the "Nite Mix Chip".  Can you say  "ka-ching?"

Best,  Texas Jim
Texas Jim

'02 NiteFly SA,
'98 Taylor 815CE
'91 Mexi-Strat

Offline BmC

1999 Nitefly SA
2005 Fly Mojo Single Cut

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
Wiguitar is the guy to go to