Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retrofit a sustainiac to a neck thru flymaxx  (Read 1684 times)

Offline wjarger

Retrofit a sustainiac to a neck thru flymaxx
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »
Greetings all! after 20 years I finally have the resources to get a parker[ I purposely have not laid hands on one until about a month ago because I knew I would need to have one if I played it] I want a neckthru model with a sustainiac but cant afford the Adrian Belew model. Anyway, I spoke to the folks at sustainiac and they have not retrofitted a maxxfly and no longer retrofit flys due to the amount of effort it takes. They feel that a maxxfly may be able to be retrofiited but need to see the electronics cavity before commiting. My question is does anyone have a pic of a maxxfly neckthru non midi rear cavity without the cover on? Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks , Wayne

Re: Retrofit a sustainiac to a neck thru flymaxx

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »
... I spoke to the folks at sustainiac and they have not retrofitted a maxxfly and no longer retrofit flys due to the amount of effort it takes. They feel that a maxxfly may be able to be retrofiited but need to see the electronics cavity before commiting.

A MaxxFly has to support the same pickups and electronics that a Fly would have, and the bodies are the same thickness in those areas, and the total weights are about the same. I don't recall seeing what the MaxxFly cavity actually looks like, but I don't know why the available space would be any different between the two.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline wjarger

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »
Thanks, I got a pic of the empty cavity but not with electronics installed. All involved seem to think its possible to do but cant be sure until we see a pic of the electronics to know how much space we have to work with.

Thanks

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »
Thanks, I got a pic of the empty cavity but not with electronics installed.

Maybe you should add that to the thread I started years ago...

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,13982.msg126680#msg126680

I had a link to a DF824 photo there, but the source has disappeared.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:27:23 AM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline HEADKNOCKER

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:01:01 AM by HEADKNOCKER »
"JUST LIKE A DRAGONFLY"

Offline wjarger

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
Thanks for the pics!!