Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: eBay seller "bizarre-guitars," very RUDE  (Read 3268 times)

Offline resettheconsole

eBay seller "bizarre-guitars," very RUDE
« on: October 23, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »
I recently placed a bid on eBay for what was described as a Fly case. The listing picture does show a Fly in the case.

This is what I received:

I'm sure everyone here will recognize this as a MaxxFly case. Now that I have the case in my hand, I can see in the pictures that he did indeed force a Fly to fit into a MaxxFly case. I brought the discrepancy up with the seller, and his response was that I "obviously do not own a Fly." I provided him (and eBay) pictures showing how several of my Flys don't fit properly in this case. He became very rude, called me a child, and continued to say "I fit a Fly in it, it must be a Fly case."

I tried explaining that forcing a square peg into a round hole (literally what he did) does not mean it fits. He then insinuated that I am retarded for believing this is not a Fly case.

The seller has another listing of a Maxxfly case with a Fly forced into it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391300310565

He also has several listings of ACTUAL Fly cases, so I cannot beleive that this was a mistake. It's immediately obvious that a Fly will not fit into this case without crushing the padding around the upper bout. It seems obvious that he intentionally force fit a Fly into the case in order to be deceptive.

As it stands, he's ordering that I pay for return shipping to get a refund. Due to his rude behaviour, I want the full letter of eBay's rules enforced. Items not as described are issued a full refund, with return shipping paid for by the seller. EBay will not get involved in the case until Wednesday, the 28th.

I'll update to let everyone know how it pans out, but it seems good advice to avoid this very rude seller.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:46:16 AM by resettheconsole »

Re: eBay seller "bizarre-guitars," very RUDE

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:02:17 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Mr303

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »
The picture of the Fly in the current eBay listing clearly shows both horns sitting outside the cutaway with the lower bout and upper horn snug in the pocket. No cutout relief for the neck either.
Use his own photo as proof, that should shut down his arguments pretty quick.
A tape measure will also prove size matters! :o

Too bad, that's a nice case.

My 97 Fly fits in an old Ibanez Roadstar case, $10 bucks from the thrift store (lucky!) it's old school cool and incognito.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:20:22 AM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »
The picture of the Fly in the current eBay listing clearly shows both horns sitting outside the cutaway with the lower bout and upper horn snug in the pocket. No cutout relief for the neck either.
Use his own photo as proof, that should shut down his arguments pretty quick.
A tape measure will also prove size matters! :o

Too bad, that's a nice case.

My 97 Fly fits in an old Ibanez Roadstar case, $10 bucks from the thrift store (lucky!) it's old school cool and incognito.

Yeah, once your mind knows of the issue, its clear to see. The pictures in the listing that I bid on did not make it immediately apparent, and the description states its made for a Fly.

I've tried saying that you can tell from his own picture that it doesn't fit right, and I've provided several of my own showing the same. His response continues to be "I fit a Fly in it, it's a Fly case"

If he had included a good picture like the one I posted showing the moulding of the case clearly, I would not have bid on it. At this point, I'm done trying to communicate with the seller. I'm just going to wait out eBay's case hold time, and will ask them to step in when I'm able to.

This was the last message I received from him, and I will not respond to: "...The Fly fit in the case, in the listing pictures & case you bought. You have to be retarded to ignore this. I payed for shipping too you, you can pay to send it back to me. Pretty simple"

Who calls their customer a retard? Keyboards and monitors sure do induce a rare form of courage. He's the one ignoring facts, but I'm not going to stoop to insults.

Offline rocguitar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Bizarre Guitars!

Just for the record, I recently bought 2 (NOS) Parker cases from this very same ebay seller. One was a FLY case and that other was a MAXXFLY case. Both cases were received as advertised in the ebay description, and both cases fit my 2 differently-shaped guitars perfectly.
Before my first purchase (for the FLY case), I actually spoke to the seller by phone, and he was reasonable to deal with. All  subsequent correspondence with this seller was by email. Responses were brief, to the point, and accurate.

Hopefully you'll get your issue resolved soon!

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »
Just an update:

It took a while to get eBay to step in, but less than 1 day after I was able to escalate the return, it was approved and I received a full refund and eBay forced seller to cover return shipping.

He fought up until the very end insisting that I was wrong and that he didn't owe me anything.

I opted NOT to leave any negative feedback. Every other negative feedback he received, he replied to rudely. Figured it was better to keep quiet and let bygones be...

rocguitar, I'm glad your experience went well, it seems like most of his customers are happy. I have to assume that he knows the difference between the two cases, he's sold dozens of them. Yet he still has Maxxfly cases listed for Flys....and has the same cases listed as dragon/maxxfly. Deceptive to say the least...

At least this ones over!  :)

Offline rocguitar

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 10:08:29 PM »
Glad you got your money back......including the return shipping cost!

Not sure what's up with the seller, but when he gets the case back, the facts will speak for themselves!! 

Thanks for the update!

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »
It took a while to get eBay to step in, but less than 1 day after I was able to escalate the return, it was approved and I received a full refund and eBay forced seller to cover return shipping.

He fought up until the very end insisting that I was wrong and that he didn't owe me anything.

I opted NOT to leave any negative feedback. Every other negative feedback he received, he replied to rudely. Figured it was better to keep quiet and let bygones be...

Personally I would have left negative feedback - he earned it. And it may help deter a future buyer from going thru the same hassle as you.

Offline Mr303

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »

Personally I would have left negative feedback - he earned it. And it may help deter a future buyer from going thru the same hassle as you.

I second the negative feed back since his photos clearly show that the guitar doesn't fit properly.
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline stealthtastic

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »
You bothered to make a thread complaining about him but not leave negative feedback?  Cmon  :P :P :P

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
I recently placed a bid on eBay for what was described as a Fly case.
<snip>
I'm sure everyone here will recognize this as a MaxxFly case...
<snip>
... I have to assume that he knows the difference between the two cases, he's sold dozens of them. Yet he still has Maxxfly cases listed for Flys....and has the same cases listed as dragon/maxxfly. Deceptive to say the least...

I've done some looking through Parker catalogs going back a few years, and I'd say the company played a big role in promoting general confusion about their cases. This is what I see:

1) The 2009 catalog shows one photo of the outside of the familiar FHC2 molded case. Underneath that it says...

FHC2: Fits USA Fly Series & NiteFly series ONLY
FHC2: Fits USA PM Series ONLY

Even today, FHC2 cases of both types turning up on eBay as the wrong type is a well known phenomenon.

2) The 2010-12 catalogs show photos of the outsides of the FHC2 case and the new DFHC case.  Underneath those it says...

FHC2: Fly and NiteFly Molded Hard Shell Case
DFHC: DF Series Hard Shell Case
GCSC: Fly Single Cut Molded Hard Shell Case (NOT SHOWN)

That's better than before... but we're still not certain what the GCSC looks like, though we assume it's unchanged from the previous year and still looks exactly like the FHC2.

3) In the 2013-15 catalogs, the FHC2 and GCSC have disappeared. We see two photos of identical-looking non-molded cases. Next to the photos are identifiers labeling them as DFHC and FHC2DLX. That's good as long as you notice the labels (which I did not at first). Underneath those it says...

DFHC: Maxx Fly Series Hard Shell Case
DFHC: Fly and NiteFly Molded Hard Shell Case

That second line is indecipherable gibberish when trying to relate it to the photos, and it remained unchanged for three years. That's just shameful and sad.

Maybe that eBay seller simply isn't as smart as we are.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:19:06 PM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »
Syber, I totally agree with you. Even Parker/USM have had a hard time keeping things straight.

However, in this case, the seller has sold DOZENS of Fly and MAxxfly cases, and really ought know the difference. Also when presented with clear pictures showing my guitar didn't fit, he became aggressive, blaming me 110%

To all the others that suggest leaving negative feedback...I really wanted to. But I looked at the few other negatives the seller has received, and every time he leaves a nasty comment blaming the buyer. If someone searched my profile, they would be able to see his comment, and I don't need that aggression following my record around...

Really stinks to be afraid to warn others due to possible negative consequences to yourself...eBay's rating system is far from perfect.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 12:40:36 PM »
Syber, I totally agree with you. Even Parker/USM have had a hard time keeping things straight.

However, in this case, the seller has sold DOZENS of Fly and MAxxfly cases, and really ought know the difference.

He ought to, but still he might not... is it possible that he only ever had the MaxxFly versions of the DFHC and/or only ever saw this part of Parker's 'official' description...?

DFHC: Maxx Fly Series Hard Shell Case
DFHC: Fly and NiteFly Molded Hard Shell Case

If I wasn't on the ball, I myself might conclude that there is only one type.

Also when presented with clear pictures showing my guitar didn't fit, he became aggressive, blaming me 110%

Personality flaws are certainly a pain, especially combined with insufficient knowledge.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:53:01 PM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Scavenger of Human Sorrow

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »
well that is indeed the same seller. So I guess I'll keep looking

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 07:54:28 PM »
Ah crap,  I just bought 2 maxxfly and one fly case from him. Guess u better check to see if my nitefly radial fits....to be continued