Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PDF60B - is it worthy of the Parker name?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline edison

PDF60B - is it worthy of the Parker name?
« on: November 16, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
Hi I have a Fly mojo from new (about 6 years now) and nothing compares. Here in the UK Parker guitars don't seem to be available any more.
I am thinking of buying a PDF 60B as a back up/gigging guitar to replace my increasingly dusty Fender Strat.
I realise I cannot expect the same quality from the 60B but would appreciate opinion as to whether these cheaper models "play like a Parker".
The only European stockist I can find is Thomann but there is a bigger choice of colour and specification of the cheaper models available from the USA via Reverb but this means paying 20% tax, high postage (50-60 ponds sterling) and approximately 40 pounds sterling import duty. If I could be sure it was worth it I would pay for the import and again I would appreciate your guidance.
Thanks in advance

Re: PDF60B - is it worthy of the Parker name?

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:58:07 AM »
My friend bought a blemished one and I did a setup for him. They are not a fly, but great guitar for the $$. Sounds awesome, blew me away actually.  Great neck, light guitar. I had trouble finding the blemish too.

If I had to nitpick, it would be the switch and tone pot feeling a little cheap. And the bridge radius is slightly different, but still fine.

I'd be inclined to buy one myself, but other priorities atm.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jester700

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 09:02:33 AM »
My PDF80 "plays like a Parker" if we're talking about weight, neck profile, etc. I really like it and think that it's the best guitar in the world for me - at that price level. The DF524 is a better guitar - a little better fit & finish, but most importantly - steel frets. I love those. The glassy bending just do it for me. But if that's not available, the PDF line is a worthy backup.

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
I have the same model guitar you're asking about, a PDF60 in black.  It's a GREAT guitar in it's own right.  I also have a Fly Deluxe.  For me, the PDF60 is the PERFECT backup guitar for a Fly.  It plays/feels a LOT like the Fly (it's light, has a super fast neck, very comfy, sleek, etc.).  It's not a Fly, but for me, it's as close as you can get in a conventional guitar.

I would not sell mine... except that I'm thinking of doing it to fund another Parker.  What were you hoping to spend?  Mine might be for sale.  ;)
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline edison

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »
Hello again and thanks for all your replies. I was looking to spend around 300 pounds sterling but first need to sell my Fender US Strat. to fund it. I know I am preaching to the converted but nothing comes anywhere near a Fly in my opinion and it is such a shame these guitars are so underrated

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »
When you sell the strat, shoot me a message.  We can probably work out a deal.
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!