Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mojo Flame Inquiries  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Dabihh

Mojo Flame Inquiries
« on: April 06, 2005, 01:38:50 AM »
Hello, this is my first post here.  I began looking into Parker guitars almost two years ago now.  I still have not bought one unfortunately, but am still extremely interested in purchasing a Mojo Flame.  I know they are extremely versitile guitars, and play so well.  I was wondering though, if anyone here plays extreme metal at all.  And I'm not talking metallica or anything you hear on the radio.  I would like to know if Parkers can hold their own in this genre.  I would imagine they could with ease, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has already used a fly for this.  

I was also wondering if anyone has seen a Gray/Black Mojo/Flame and if they had pics of it.  By gray/black I mean like PRS offers.  Also if anyone has ordered a custom parker how long did it take and how much was it?

Thanks.

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline Binner

Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:12:33 AM »
I can't speak of a custom order as I haven't made mine yet (my studio has been harsh on my budget). As far as metal goes, the Fly does it very well in my opinion. I play metal primarily (I'm not good enough to play really good jazz or other genres...lol) and I grew up on metal and shred since the mid 80s. There are good guitars for metal and then there are great ones. The Fly is a great one. You may want to play a Classic and a Mojo side by side to see which you prefer. There are the two best for metal out the Fly bunch. Plus side for the Mojo is that it is all mohogany with SD JB and Jazz (if you like the JB, the Mojo would be the way to go), the Classic has a slightly thinner neck and I prefer the Tone Zone/and or the new stock pups. Both guitars have a lot of definition, plenty of output, and won't get muddy in the mix. The Fly can be unforgiving with its definition, its tone from the construction and pickups won't gloss over poor playing - that could be a pro or con depending on the player. The Fly will easily go from subtle texture passages to "extreme" metal. It depends more on your amp for the rest. I have plugged my Classic into Dual Rectos, Uberschalls, XXXs, and Marshalls of different flavors, and it was amazing through all (the Uberschall really smokes). I settled on a Triple X, due to the fact that sounds more like the Uberschall when retubed and biased, has more channels and an active EQ. As versitile as the Fly is, a really versitle amp will give you even more. If you are going for the stereotypical EMG equipped PRS type guitar to Dual Recto, the Fly isn't it. Also, I am curious, what is "extreme" metal these days. The old Metallica still stands and some of the most amazing metal riffing to be recorded.
'97 Fly Classic with Steve's Special/Air Norton
'05 Mojo Flame (Green) with SD Distortion/Jazz
'03 Parker 5-String (Natural) Duncan AJB-5s
'89 Hamer with Sustainiac
'95 Ovation Standard Elite (Green Burst)
'98 Ovation Balladeer (Red burst)
PRS Custom 24
Fender American Deluxe Strat
a bunch of Jacksons
a bunch of Charvels
a bunch of Peaveys (Vandenbergs)
Mesa RoadKing II
Mesa Mark IV Long Head
Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
Mesa F-30
Mesa 4x12
Peavey Triple X 2x12
Peavey 4x12 with two V30s and 2 G12T 75s
SWR Bass 750 with Mesa 4x10 and 1x15
Mesa Bass 400+
...and a bunch of other stuff

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline Dabihh

Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:36:30 AM »
Thanks.  As far as "extreme metal" I am reffering to genre's such as Black, Death, Doom, and the like.  Some bands would be Opeth, Emperor, Deeds of Flesh, Morbid Angel, Skepticism, Ulver, Arcturus...I could go on and on.  Anyway, I have a couple of Marshall heads and a 1960A 4x12 cab.  The heads are a valvestate 100w and a 1959 slp 100w reissue.  I did have a boss GT-6 that I was playing through the plexi, but sold it to get the new GT-8.  But I really need a guitar that will perform well in all ranges of music, from the extreme distortion of Death metal to acoustic and classical guitar passages.  I really think that the mojo will give this to me.

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:01:42 PM »
pain of salvation uses parkers.

i have covered death and arch enemy with my parker, but i'm not too deep into the genres of black metal or doom metal.  also i have not tried a mojo through a high gain amp just yet.

i think the fly would be the best guitar for this type of music if they made a seven string [}:)]

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline Dabihh

Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 11:07:08 PM »
I don't like seven string guitars.  I feel you can do anything just as good with a six string that you could do with a seven string.  Plus most of the music I'm into doesn't require seven string use.

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 12:14:48 AM »
well, playing seven string has saved me a lot of tuning, you may feel that you can't do anything new with them, but countless players have seen the need to expand.  in my opinion, you can reach all sorts of voicings that you could not reach before.  the six string is popular today because of the added range and diversity over the five course guitars of the renaissance.  i'm not saying it has to be everyone's cup-of-tea, just that it is a slightly different animal and that i wish parker made one [:)]

Mojo Flame Inquiries

Offline 908ssp

Mojo Flame Inquiries
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 09:22:15 AM »
This is my first post regarding 7 string Flys why? Because I really don't care and would not buy one myself. But I certainly wouldn't want someone dumping on my request for one if I did. I think Parker will make sure if they make one it doesn't put them under that would be a tragedy.

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
200? Parker NiteFly S/S/H
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG