Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Do I Have Here?  (Read 1113 times)

Offline bazetech

What Do I Have Here?
« on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »
Hey everyone. My name is Jason. I haven't played in about 25 years and just picked up this Parker p44 and a Crate GX-40c DSP today so I can re-learn with my Wife and our Son. I traded a few old things I had laying around for them, so got them pretty much for free. Anyway, what little I know about playing anymore, this seems like a nice playing/ sounding rig. The reason for my coming question is, I'm not sure what I have. It's Korean made and the serial number is 06092XXX. I'm assuming that its either a 2006 or a 2009 or a 1992 model. I downloaded the manual from the net for the P series but mine doesn't look like any of them. The 3 knobs and 2 toggle switches seem to be that of a pro or another model. It also has the 2 pickups covered with chrome plates and a cream or ivory color outer edge around them. Any help with identifying what I have here would be very much appreciated. I doesn't really matter to me what it is, I would just like to know for my own curiosities sake. Thanks, Jason

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Re: What Do I Have Here?

paulj1

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:26:05 PM »
Looks like a 2006 P-44.  I have it in the natural finish.   

paulj1 

P.S.  Welcome to the Parker forum!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:34:54 PM by paulj1 »

Offline bazetech

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:55 PM »
Thanks Paul. Thats what I was thinking. Seems like a pretty nice guitar
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Offline Barry

• Barry Eames, the, um, Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
Hi Jason, welcome.
I don't know the P44 but I do have an '05 PM20 also Korean made, and I'm assuming yours is of similar quality. If so, I think you'll enjoy it immensely.
Welcome back to playing, you have a really good companion there!

p.s. I like your signature quote very much.
Love one woman, many vintage guitars.
Or...was it the other way around?

PM-20 Hornet Red Bubinga owner & recovering GAS addict

Offline bazetech

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
Thanks Barry, I'm finding a lot of info here. My boy just got home from school and pryed it out of my hands. It plays great, what a contrast to others I've had my hands on.
Mark Twain