Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sperzel Locking Tuners  (Read 1167 times)

Offline jimmyd

Sperzel Locking Tuners
« on: October 01, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
So, I guess it is my belief that I am kind of cursed. The Sperzel tuner for the low E string took a crap. Feels like it is somehow stripped. Have contacted Parker twice, but no reply. I have, however, found an inline set on Amazon for $63.00 with expedited shipping. Changing out the tuner should take no more than a couple of minutes. Even with the tremolo arm retainer breaking and now this, I still love this guitar. I just think that maybe I am getting the parts that someone on QC was sleeping during their manufacture. 8)
Jimmy

Re: Sperzel Locking Tuners

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:58:23 AM »
Make sure you're getting tuners with the correct post length. The Sperzels are made in various lengths.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »
You can get them from sperzel directly. eBay as a last ditch for singles.

Great point on post length, it could be a problem if this isn't right.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jimmyd

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 08:05:20 AM »
USMC/Parker is sending me a replacement. Thanks for the heads-up. I know that there are three different post lengths.
Jimmy

Offline jimmyd

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:30:33 PM »
Forgot to reply. After my bought tuners arrived and I swapped out the one, Parker/US Music sent me an entire set. I have to say that the customer support has been fantastic.
Jimmy