Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The rebirth of Parker Guitars?  (Read 25314 times)

Offline PDF105#

Re: The rebirth of Parker Guitars?
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »
What a totally f'xxxed up outfit. If I conducted business the way these guys do I'd be keelhauled. Thanks for nothing USMusic.
Fly Mojo Natural Mahogany, Fly Mojo Four Seasons Summer, Casio WK7500 Keyboard Workstation, Roland, Peavey and Fender Amps.

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »
The optimist in me thinks that they will do a reveal at Winter NAMM in November, and officially release products in the new year.

Any longer and I won't be able to keep the GAS at bay and I'll have to go elsewhere...
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline billy

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 03:07:33 PM »
The optimist in me thinks that they will do a reveal at Winter NAMM in November, and officially release products in the new year.

Any longer and I won't be able to keep the GAS at bay and I'll have to go elsewhere...

You might be right.  Maybe they were shooting for summer namm, realized it was in a few weeks, and updated the site for next year.  At least that's something.  Wish it wasn't so cryptic, all the same.

BTW, NAMM stands for Not Available, Maybe March.

Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Big Swifty

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »
I aint holding my breath....

94 Fly Deluxe
2010 DF 524
The system can't get you in your dreams.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »
Just to keep all the facts in view, this is the only 'update' the company has provided in the 14 months since I started the thread:

Absolutely ridiculous.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline mmmmgtr

• http://www.righthandred.com
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
I'll take the optimistic side. I don't see any reason or upside for them to propagate the idea the Parker will be back if they already decided against it. If they truly have decided to move away from the brand why not just say so. I'm hoping that there is someone inside of US Music that truly is interested in bringing the brand back and they are just running into logistic / funding / whatever issues that are delaying what I hope to be a relaunch.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2017, 10:21:59 PM »
A delay, for whatever legitimate reason, could be excused - as long as real information of some kind is offered. The ch*ckensh*t part is the stupid dead silence from the company. If there's any kind of legitimate effort being made to revive the brand, the person in charge who authorized the change from '7' to '8' on the website home page - that's one ASCII character in 14 months! - could have also authorized a sentence or maybe two along the lines of 'Apologies to Parker enthusiasts. This has been more difficult than we anticipated.' But noooooo ...
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
2018?! Well guys at least there was some communication!
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2017, 12:26:34 PM »
Just some interesting info to share. Jamm was going to sell the Parker brand name to someone I know. However they changed their minds and so it is still possible that Jamm may do something in the future. Also keep in mind that all the USA factory parts pieces machinery etc have been sold off.  So anything coming up would likely be import only

Offline Notes_Norton

• http://www.nortonmusic.com
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »
It's really sad to see all this.

The Parkers I own are much better than comparable competition. Too bad they weren't appreciated.

It looks like the same thing happened to Carvin. Perhaps it's a sign of the decline in guitar bands on top40.

Notes
------------------

Bob "Notes" Norton

Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com aftermarket styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft Songsmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com the best duo in South FLorida

Offline Mr303

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 07:06:11 AM »

The Parkers I own are much better than comparable competition. Too bad they weren't appreciated.

It looks like the same thing happened to Carvin. Perhaps it's a sign of the decline in guitar bands on top40.

Notes

How many guitar based musicians like to think outside the box when it comes to their instruments and how they are made, how much they weigh, or how darn nice a lightweight guitar can be?
 Not many players or manufacturers it seems...traditional ways are hard to change.

I still get compliments on how nice my Parkers are even from my non musician friends.

Remember New models coming in 2018!or 2019! or 2020!?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:09:10 AM by Mr303 »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Mark Twain

Offline jester700

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

Notes
Fortunately, Only Carvin's audio is going away, at least for now. The excellent guitars are still being made.

Offline Notes_Norton

• http://www.nortonmusic.com
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
The old Carvin shapes seem to be branded Kiesel now and a google search for Carvin turns up Kiesel. Did they sell or change their name?

I've never owned a Carvin, but they had a good reputation.

Notes

BTW, I got in the forum two days in a row now :D
------------------

Bob "Notes" Norton

Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com aftermarket styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft Songsmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com the best duo in South FLorida

Offline jester700

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
Yeah, Kiesel is the brand Carvin's put on their guitars for the past couple years. It's the name of Carvin's founder. Same company.

I've never had a whole Carvin guitar, but I've bought a few necks to put on Ibanez bodies; high quality stuff.

Offline jb63

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »
Wait? CARVIN is going out of business? Or just changing their name?
I feel really out of the loop now.