Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: whats about parker merchandise? t-shirts... caps..  (Read 8401 times)

Offline sambora

• http://www.carlosasensio.com
whats about parker merchandise? t-shirts... caps..
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:27:37 PM »
Where can I buy a Parker T-Shirt? I would love to wear it? is possibly to buy it online? are they offering any kind of merchandise?

Parker Fly Classic 2001
Strat Deluxe 50th Anniversary
Variax 500
Pod XT LIVE, Boss TU2, Ibanez Ts9, Wah Bad Horsie 2, Talk Box and Fender Roc Pro 1000
Parker Fly Classic 2001
Strat Deluxe 50th Anniversary
Variax 500
Pod XT LIVE, Boss TU2, Ibanez Ts9, Wah Bad Horsie 2, Talk Box and Fender Roc Pro 1000

Offline bno

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »
This is the swag drag thread.... the Who wrote a song that had these words:

I want it, I want it, I want it. . . .

Ya can't.... have it.

We're hoping for swag AND a seven string....
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Offline Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 08:01:10 PM »
OH, they're offering it alright....
     All you have to do is hop in the car, drive three or four hours (maybe further than that en Espana) and play a P series guitar, have the licensed, approved, & certified Parker dealer (the list changes daily- be careful!) to sign your printout and mail it to Chicago.

NOW that you've done all that, Sit on your f*&$ing hands, celebrate your birthday, and wait for an act of congress. When the act passes, you'll be informed that your size is not available, but if you'd like a different size, feel free to drive back to the dealer where you'll learn that he's no longer on the list. But what the hell- it's only another 3 1/2 hours to the NEXT allegedly certified, sanctified, (triple) rectified, and generally well-behaved dealer. So you'll drive there, play another PM20, fill out another form, mail it in, celebrate another birthday... and then one day you'll log on to the Parker Forum to discover that the "free [phantom] T-shirt" offer has expired yet again.  Then, like most of the rest of us, you'll throw up your hands and scream to the heavens "WHY THE F*&% CAN'T I JUST BUY ONE!?!? I'VE ONLY BEEN PLAYING THEIR BLOODY GUITARS FOR TEN F*&%ING YEARS!"

Then you'll get really pissed and start wearing Fender T-shirts to gigs because they're available and selling like hotcakes.

Maybe I'm just really stupid... but it feels like a slap in the face every time I look at this thread and realize that the guys who build the best damen guitar in the world take less pride in it than a slack-ass has-been like me. Or maybe they're afraid that if too many people SEE Parker Guitar t-shirts, too many people will WANT Parker guitars, and that would certainly upset the balance of things, wouldn't it!?

There ARE no Parker Guitars t-shirts! There is only the free t-shirt offer form you can fill out. Maybe try placing it under your pillow at night- see if the swag faerie comes along to make a trade. Or you could print it, wad it up, and shove it unceremoniously into any available bodily orifice. The unstated but official position of the company is that we should all do that anyway with our constant bleating and pleading for shirts, hats, etc.

That's okay though. One of these days I'm gonna play like Martone and they'll beg me to wear one of their shirts and I'll say "okay- sure! I'll wear the one I bought in 2006." And they'll say "but we didn't sell any shirts in 2006!" And I'll pull my ratty Fender t-shirt over my greasy grey gair and smirk.
      Dammit, where's my rash ointment!?
Nigel

Owner/Operator:
'05 Mojo,
'02 Nitefly SA
PM20, P42, P36, P38,
Line 6 & Trace Elliot amps
"Never, EVER buy weed from Lando Calrissian."

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 07:27:27 AM »
Come on guys, youre just not looking at the right swag props. In fact I have a pen that says Parker on it. They even sell them in Office Depot and Staples.[:)]

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson ES137;1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

jwrooker

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 07:49:24 AM »
I'd rather see them spending resources keeping production and overall quality up to snuff than worry about a T-shirt.  You can't play a T-shirt.  [:D]  They are redoing the website and maybe the new site will have an online order area for swag.

John Rooker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker Southern NiteFly
Parker NiteFly M
Carvin AE185/12
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson ES135
Vox AD50VT & UltraSound AG50DS3

Offline Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:55:18 PM »
Thing is, they have the designs out there for a couple of differnt t-shirts. Marketing them would in no way affect production quality or quantity. You could train a Border Collie to oversee the whole swag department in 10 hours a week, and selling brand name merchandise can only positively impact the entire company by increasing brand recognition and product desireability (unless the designs out there suck). SO long and short: there is no potential down side to offering us what we want; it's just a power trip. Think of the marketing guys as that cute chick in 9th grade: the harder you fell, the more she shook her ass in your general direction, but not because she EVER considered hooking up with you- just because she COULD. Same process is at work here.
Nigel

Owner/Operator:
'05 Mojo,
'02 Nitefly SA
PM20, P42, P36, P38,

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.

Offline Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 12:00:32 AM »
Oh btw-
Bill!!! I think I finally grasped what you're saying! I had dinner tonight at Parker's Seafood Restaurant, so there should be some swag on the way in about 12 hours, right?
Nigel

Owner/Operator:
'05 Mojo,
'02 Nitefly SA
PM20, P42, P36, P38,

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 04:50:21 AM »
if it's seafood, it'll probably be quicker than that.[xx(]

actually, i heard they are in the process of making the t-shirts, but the order for 2006 has already sold out.  they are made by the same people that used to make them, but just in a different factory.  Some folks say that the quality of the stitching has gone down since they started using the Washburn T-Shirt production line, but that is just rumour.  [;)]

The shirts only come in 3 colours, with a 'burst' effect around the armpits and beerbelly.  They also only fit slim, lightweight and forward-thinking people.  Beautiful people be aware -  studs have been known to fall out of them without warning, leaving the owners feeling exposed.[:0]

Legend has it there was a limited run of Black & Gold t-shirts produced for the 10th anniversary, signed by some bloke at the factory, but what are the chances of getting hold of one of those?[:(]

anyway, i have to go and fill in my free giveaway ticket[^]
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 07:38:59 AM »
Hey ,I got tired of waiting.  I just printed out the "give away ticket" and stapled it on a T shirt. [:o)]

Think I'll sell it on Ebay as a Korian import copy--[:0]

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson ES137;1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »
You guys wouldn't want the T-Shirt they sent me anyway. It feels like a board. Takes approx 20-30 minutes to iron. Don't even try the dryer. Don't work. It's also a figgin' LINT MAGNET! You'll use your lint roller for atleast 10 minutes. Then you're done. If you are wearing and bend over to tie your shoes... BAM! Wrinkled to hell again. Hence, the reason I wore it 3 times and put it away for retirement. The Parker Baseball cap is not too bad, though. Another guy at the store got one and says you couldn't pay him to go through the process of wearing it again. Wrinkled lint magnet... Like me!

www.USCustomShop.com "coming soon"
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 04:13:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoKid

You guys wouldn't want the T-Shirt they sent me anyway. It feels like a board.

that'll be the layer of carbon/glass epoxy
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Offline ChicagoKid

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 09:24:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by David Tomkins

quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoKid

You guys wouldn't want the T-Shirt they sent me anyway. It feels like a board.

that'll be the layer of carbon/glass epoxy

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 09:41:41 AM »
ChicagoKid,
Sorry to hear about the shirt issue.  Unlike you, I haven't had a problem with mine.

Jason Davis
guitarist/songwriter/producer
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Jason Davis is a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, Mojo Strings, and BMG Music Publishing Artist.  Join Jason's MySpace community at myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic

Offline ChicagoKid

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »
I'm thinking about having it shipped back to Chicago for repair or replacement. But, I hate the idea of being without it for however many months. I just can't believe it was even allowed to leave the factory in this condition. Though, it was free... I still think a refund is in order. Ken Parker wouldn't stand for this. You can tell it's actually a Washburn shirt. The CS guys up there just ripped the lettering off and drew a Parker logo using octopus blood. I will NEVER own another Parker shirt! ;-)

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 11:58:07 AM »
That was funny, ChicagoKid!  8^)

Jason Davis
guitarist/songwriter/producer
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Jason Davis is a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, Mojo Strings, and BMG Music Publishing Artist.  Join Jason's MySpace community at myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic