Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Locking tuners...reduex  (Read 4201 times)

Offline sfw

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »
Yeah, I ordered my from stewmac.com no one local had a set in black. I've bought a lot from them, they ship quick too.

- Scott

PM10; PM20; P-38
Franken-Fenders
Mackie SRM350 (piezo & modeller killer)
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (still needs Cabs ):
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline vince a

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
Let us know how you like them???

I installed mine last week. With the 9's on the PM-20, it seemed to go out of tune with every song. I bend a lot - all the strings, so the lighter strings go out, although I don't mind tuning in between.

But the -20 hasn't gone out yet with these tuners, but strangely, my Tele does, and it has 10's on it!

Parker PM-20 (Bubinga) with a Pro PM-20 in my sights!

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline Spleenless Dave

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »
I ordered a set of the Grover mini locking tuners from a local store for $49 in chrome, and they should be here next week.  :)

Vince, you say your guitar goes out of tune even with the Grover locking tuners?  I use extra light guage strings on the P-36, and hope it doesn't do the same thing!

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline supersecretjim

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 05:57:33 PM »
Ive had the grovers on my Shadow guitars for over a week now & they are keeping perfect tune. I happen to keep my blue Shadow by the window all the time & it catches the sun & heat of the day (about 65*) & cold at night & morning (about freezing or below) & stays in tune fine. With my old stock Schallers it would need to be tuned constantly while playing every few songs & overnight would need a good tuning too.

Im obviously very happy with the grovers.

James W
Uncompensated Parker endorser...

05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 05 Fly Mojo custom butterscotch burst, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Trans green Nitefly Mojo flame top, Nitefly-M, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, Peavey XXX Combo, Crate acoustic 112 combo & Powerblock, GK 250 ml stereo combo, Genz Benz cabs, Pod XT Live, more stuff...
James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra (Is there really anything else?)

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline vince a

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Spleenless Dave
Vince, you say your guitar goes out of tune even with the Grover locking tuners?  I use extra light guage strings on the P-36, and hope it doesn't do the same thing!

Not on the PM-20 with 9's . . . it's another guitar that I use "coated" 10's on . . . still investigating what I did wrong on it . . . if I did???

Parker PM-20 (Bubinga) with a Pro PM-20 in my sights!

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline supersecretjim

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »
You would think that the coated strings would fare at least as well as normal strings. My DR coated strings have a slighly slippery feel to them & hopefully that much less friction on the nut.

James W

05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 05 Fly Mojo custom butterscotch burst, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Trans green Nitefly Mojo flame top, Nitefly-M, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, Peavey XXX Combo, Crate acoustic 112 combo & Powerblock, GK 250 ml stereo combo, Genz Benz cabs, Pod XT Live, more stuff...
James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra (Is there really anything else?)

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline Spleenless Dave

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »
I put the Grovers on the P-36 yesterday, and they seem to be working.  I do worry about the ability of them to hold the string well with no wrap, but they're holding so far.  I did like the speed of stringing up the guitar compared to the old way.  :)

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline loumt123

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 01:57:41 PM »
in regards to the "guys set on sperzels" i am one of those people...it is not because i dont like grovers...it's just im used to my sperzels and i like controlling the locking mechanism myself...plus i think the tuner knobs look better than grovers...i have played a guitar with grover rotomatics...and they are a nifty little device i must say

Locking tuners...reduex

Offline supersecretjim

Locking tuners...reduex
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 01:39:01 AM »
The main thing is keeping the instrument stock as far a no new holes. That just kills the resale value & just looks nasty. If one decided to sell they can keep the locking tuners on & charge more or just put the old ones back on. Of course, this is a moot point on the USA Parkers & the PM-Pro series, since they already have sperzel locking tuners.

James W

James W