Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mojo Single Cutaway and Slide guitar...  (Read 1958 times)

Offline candidoguitar

Mojo Single Cutaway and Slide guitar...
« on: April 06, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
Hello everyone.  I just played a couple of PM-20 models in my local Sam Ash and was impressed with the quality for the $$.  However, I think that the Mojo Single Cutaway might be more suited for me (no one seems to have them yet, but it sounds like they're "on the way")...A couple of questions....
Does anyone know why this model does not come with a piezo bridge?  
Is anyone out there using a Parker for slide guitar?  Any issues with using it this way (e.g. - any problems after raising the action and increasing the string guages, etc???)

Thanks, in advance...
Dave

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:36:37 PM »
Well Parker Flys have none adjustable for height bridge saddles so you can't get perfectly flat strings at the saddle. While the necks seem stronger then the average guitar they are relatively thin not what you normally associate with slide. Welcome to the Parker forum.[:D]

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
200? Parker NiteFly S/S/H
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline candidoguitar

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 05:56:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply and the welcome, 908ssp.  I have developed some back problems that have also affected my left hand, so I think the weight and thin neck of a Parker will help me out.  In addition, I play a lot of acoustic slide, so I'm pretty used guitars that don't flatten out at the bridge. I thought about trying the new Steinberger, but I'm afraid the weird shape will make things worse on my back (plus, I hear that they're not really that light).

Offline duhg599

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
Hi!  I use my 1996 Deluxe for slide all the time.  Being that it's my main guitar and that I use it for just about everything, I haven't bothered to raise the action so that it's geared specifically for slide.  Every once in a while when I'm really getting into it, I'll bump the frets.  But that's ok, because it's rock n' roll.  Also being that I'm usually in a band when I'm putting a slide to my guitar, I don't actually play all six strings at the same time; it just gets in the way of everyone else.  So depending on what your purpose is, you probably don't need the strings to lay flat.  And it sounds like you're used to it anyways.  But yes, this guitar gets great slide tone, especially with the piezos.