Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mojo Fret Buzz  (Read 1780 times)

Offline phether

Mojo Fret Buzz
« on: January 31, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »
I purchased a 2005 Fly Mojo for christmas for myself.  I love the feel and sounds that come out of this guitar.

I have one problem and need suggestions on what to do.  When I fret the low "E" string at the 17th fret, it buzzes on the 18th fret.  There is absolutely no other buzz on any other string at any other fret, including the low "E" string from the 18th fret on up.

What should I look at having done and where?  I really hate the Idea of losing the guitar for a long period of time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul H.

Mojo Fret Buzz

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »
Hey Paul.  The first thing I would do is change my strings.  If the buzz is still there raise the bass side of the bridge a hair.  Reference the manual on how to do this.  On the back of the guitar, there are two bridge height adjustments.  Using the tool provided, simply give it (bass side only) a slight turn - say from the 12 o'clock position to the 1 or 2 o'clock position.  That should take care of it.  If not, it is free to call our Tech Support at 1-800-877-6863.
Note also, that the Dealer you purchased the guitar from (if local to you) can make any adjustments needed and I would recommend that you go there first.

JP

Mojo Fret Buzz

Offline phether

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 06:48:55 PM »
John,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  If you look at the frets from the Low "E" side, you can see that the 18th fret is slightly high then the rest of the frets.  

I purchased this guitar from Musician's Friend, so taking back to the dealer for repairs does not seem to be an option.

Paul H.

Mojo Fret Buzz

Offline JPage

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »
Well, we can fix that and it is under warranty.  We won't be able to come over to your house though to fix it.  So, it will have to come to the factory.  Simply call our CS, they'll issue what is known as an RA# (return authorization) and a call tag (for UPS to pick it up).  Once we receive it, we'll evaluate the issue and take our sweet time fixing it - just kidding.  You should expect us to have it for a while and CS will try to give you an ETA but keep in mind that the E means "estimated."  Some folks think it is a drop dead date.  Nevertheless, we appreciate your patronage, we are saddened that there is an issue, but we will make it right.
Thanks for posting and let us know how you make out.
I know, I know, I know that you don't want to let this guitar out of your sight, but we'll take really good care of it - I promise.
:)

John

Mojo Fret Buzz

jwrooker

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:06:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phether

John,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  If you look at the frets from the Low "E" side, you can see that the 18th fret is slightly high then the rest of the frets.  

I purchased this guitar from Musician's Friend, so taking back to the dealer for repairs does not seem to be an option.

Paul H.

Are you still in the Musician's Friend 45 day return period?  If the guitar isn't to your satisfaction, send it back.  At the price you pay for a Fly, you deserve to have it perfect.  

John Rooker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker Southern NiteFly
Parker NiteFly M
Carvin AE185/12
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson ES135
Vox AD50VT & UltraSound AG50DS3

Mojo Fret Buzz

Offline JPage

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 05:31:15 PM »
That's a very good point, John.  Thanks for the heads up!

JP

Mojo Fret Buzz

Offline phether

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  This morning I called Musicians Friend and they setup a replacement for overnight shipment.  

I will let you know the final outcome of the new guitar when it arrives.

Paul H.

Mojo Fret Buzz

jwrooker

Mojo Fret Buzz
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phether

Thanks for the advice.  This morning I called Musicians Friend and they setup a replacement for overnight shipment.  

I will let you know the final outcome of the new guitar when it arrives.

Paul H.

That sounds great!  I hope this one is perfect for you.  I'd love to have one!

John Rooker
Rochester, NY
--------------
Parker Southern NiteFly
Parker NiteFly M
Carvin AE185/12
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson ES135
Vox AD50VT & UltraSound AG50DS3