Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How is this model?  (Read 2604 times)

Offline latetotheparty

Re: How is this model?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:14:51 AM »
i give kyle a 100% chance of scoring the greatest guitar deal I've ever seen.  My guess is Amazon price matched a mistaken listing and that algorithm just cost them some buckos. 

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »
A thing sold through Amazon is not necessarily a new thing, and not necessarily sold by Amazon. Many offerings are used and from private sellers, in which case the asking prices could be anything from ridiculously low to ridiculously high.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline latetotheparty

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »
I do some reselling and Amazon's algorithms are very aggressive to combat other sellers on their platform.  This is why you sometimes see a 16gb microsd card selling for $4,987.37.  What happens is the seller and amazon both have algorithms and they will sometimes fight one another and cause the prices to skyrocket or plummet.  Generally it is just the skyrocket because sellers put in a minimum price as a stopgap measure whereas Amazon will just lower to their hearts content to get the sale.  Amazing deals can be had all over Amazon, but you have to be like kyle and be in the right place at the right time when something goes whackadoo on amazon

Offline kyle0050

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 10:12:17 PM »
Made a new thread with pictures!