Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker setup  (Read 956 times)

Offline parkertm

Parker setup
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »
Hey,

I now own a used parker.It's a pdf 70

I changed the bridge pickup, but the pole pieces don't fit under the strings. It's a Seymour Duncan sh4 , pretty standard I guess.

How important is that fitting for sound?

It also seems that the neck pocket is not cnc´d right, as the high e-string is close to the edge. I am afraid that any additional manual routing on the neck pocket is not the best idea, so I shifted the trem to one side as far as possible, which increased the wrong position of the replacement pu.

it has recently been at a guitar builder for this issue, who tried his best with tilting the neck in the pocket but after fixing the screws it was forced into the old odd position. Some lacquer drops in the pocket have been removed during that process also.
How can I improve this guitar quality? how standard is the spacing for replacement pus. Which one will I need?
I know that parker uses Seymour Duncan on the sales line models. Are these special designs spacingwise?

ThX for you help with setting up a parker guitar
Tim

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:33:13 AM by parkertm »

Re: Parker setup

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
The problem wiht the pickup is that you have an SH4, a standard spaced humbucker made primarily for Gibson string spacing. For better fit, you'd need a TB4 (same pickup, wider "TremBucker" spacing).

Alignment isn't critical, but the low E is a bit far and may be compromised at that distance. If you don't notice a volume drop on any string, particularly the E's, then don't worry about it.

Offline jester700

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
Yeah, if you don't notice it, it's not a problem. The area of the strings "seen" by a humbucker is wider than that of a single coil, because the magnetic field isn't as focused. I've had many misalignments like this (all the early guys who put buckers into their strats in the 70's had this issue - there were no trembuckers then) and never noticed a problem.