Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Original Parker Plant From 2004  (Read 1614 times)

Offline billy

Re: The Original Parker Plant From 2004
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »
Wow, that was cool...
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline fried2169

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
It stinks when something so unique is lost. Maybe someday
Parker Guitars made in USA can have a company bring it back the way Ovation was.

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
Thanks for posting !!!
This video is great quality and content !  The only Parker factory interview I've seen was something copied from VHS onto YouTube. :(
Over the years, since I bought my first Parker in the late '90s, I've kind of wondered about where it came from.  I knew it must have been a fairly small group of people because Parker never made large quantities.  I also suspected that it was a dedicated bunch of musician types who really cared about the product.  My Classic is the epitome of quality.  Thank you Glen (if you get around to reading this) and all the others from the factory.

:)
'96 Fly Classic, Cherry Red          '09 Artist, Custom Hard Tail          MIJ Strat           PRS Custom 22  
Mesa Amps (Express5:25, MarkV:25, Nomad45, DC-5)

Offline Noodler

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
This video is fantastic, but at the same time it makes me realize that the amount of custom tooling and highly skilled labor required to produce a Parker Fly means that, with the destruction of the USA factory and selling off of all of the tooling, we will never see a Parker Guitars company again like we had.  It's just so sad...  especially when there is NOTHING else on the market anything like a Parker.

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
Thanks that was great to watch!
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Offline Padraic

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »
Hi, folks!

My name is Glen, and I was a woodworker at the original Parker Guitars plant in Wilmington, MA, from 1995 until 2004.  After we were bought by US Music, a film crew came in to interview us about our experiences working for Parker.  We were all told that we would receive a copy of the video as a "farewell" gift.  That unfortunately did not materialize.

These days I work for Fishman, and yesterday I found a flash drive on my desk labeled "Parker Video, From Larry."

As I feel a lot of you would be interested in seeing this, and in hopes that I'm not violating any copyrights, please enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caHh5XmSl0c

Thank you, Glen, for sharing this with all of us! Such a wonderful thing to watch. :) This made my day!
Luthier
Owner of Mullycrushed Custom Instruments

Offline VagabondJack

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 11:07:33 PM »
awesome! thanks for posting!