Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi, new here and to Parker  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Auriemma

• More gear than talent!
Re: Hi, new here and to Parker
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:16 AM »
i didn't see any on his ebay store.. so I bought elsewhere. 
I'll keep him in mind for next time. 
Thanks

I should be getting my parts in by the end of the week... USPS willing.
--- Joe ---
'77 Bradley Les Paul Custom
'07 PRS CE22 Maple Top
'11 PRS McCarty 58 Artist
'95/'02 Fender Strat MiM
'99 Gibson Les Paul Standard "DC" Lite
---
'06 Ovation Elite-T 1868T-5
'12 Martin GPCPA4 Rosewood

Offline Music Wolf

• http://www.random-thought.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 01:53:53 AM »

After a thorough cleaning and setup, I'm finding some issues with the Piezo side of it.  The G & A string volumes are lower than the rest and the D string has a fuzzy tinge to the sound.  Could it just be a low battery or do I have a bad pickup?  Opinions please.

Maybe a bit late since you've already ordered spares (I don't check in that often since I traded my Parker).

I had a similar problem with a James Tyler Variax.  Mag pick ups were fine but the modeled sounds, which use the piezos, were low on the B & E.  Things were better if I used a heavier gauge string but still not 100%.  I'd done, what I thought, was an ok set up.

I took the guitar to a reputable Tech and he spotted the problem immediately - the break angle over the bridge was too shallow.  Although I'd got the action and intonation fine, trem running parallel to the body etc I hadn't even considered the break angle as a possible cause of the problem.

Might be worth checking out.

Offline Auriemma

• More gear than talent!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »
I took the guitar to a reputable Tech and he spotted the problem immediately - the break angle over the bridge was too shallow.  Although I'd got the action and intonation fine, trem running parallel to the body etc I hadn't even considered the break angle as a possible cause of the problem.

Thanks Music Wolf.  I hope the heavier strings isn't the answer.  I'm not fond of heavier than 10s.  The break angle idea could be a problem since the way the Fishman/Wilkinsion bridge is designed, the action dictates the break angle (I like my bridge decked).  And to be honest the action is already higher than I like.  But US Music, Fishman and Graphtech all recommended replacement.  I know, they all could just be trying to make a sale.  I'll soon find out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:36:30 PM by Auriemma »
--- Joe ---
'07 PRS CE22 Maple Top
'95/'02 Fender Strat MiM
---

Offline Music Wolf

• http://www.random-thought.co.uk/
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 02:24:55 AM »

Thanks Music Wolf.  I hope the heavier strings isn't the answer.  I'm not fond of heavier than 10s.  The break angle idea could be a problem since the way the Fishman/Wilkinsion bridge is designed, the action dictates the break angle (I like my bridge decked).  And to be honest the action is already higher than I like.  But US Music, Fishman and Graphtech all recommended replacement.  I know, they all could just be trying to make a sale.  I'll soon find out.

I should have said, after a professional set up the Variax worked fine with the lighter gauge strings and action / trem were perfect.  In the end though the guitars flexibility doesn't make up for the difference in playability / great tone to my, albeit far more expensive, other guitars.

Offline Auriemma

• More gear than talent!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 08:46:22 AM »
Ok... New Sperzel locking tuners, new Ghost piezo pickups, and new strings.
She sounds quite nice... Except that the B is still down on volume.   

What's next?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:50:10 AM by Auriemma »
--- Joe ---
'07 PRS CE22 Maple Top
'95/'02 Fender Strat MiM
---

Offline neibal

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 02:03:14 AM »
Just did.  I didn't see anything resembling the peizo saddle for the P38.
Those others are for American Parkers.