Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mag/Both/Piezo Switch replacement (and a few other things)  (Read 3253 times)

Offline billy

Re: Mag/Both/Piezo Switch replacement (and a few other things)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 08:01:46 PM »
I think there's enough info between the graph tech and the Parker diagrams?  not sure what info you still need but the graphtech link looks complete to me.

Black wire goes to ground.

Run red wire from one side of the switch to one of the ghost pins labeled qsw.

Run blue wire to the other side and attach to the other pin labeled qsw.

It doesn't matter which side (red or blue) goes to which pin, just that they don't short out and that blk goes to ground.

Apologies if any of this is obvious and there's something else making this less easy.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline Shepherd

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
I'm away from my tools temporarily but when I'm back in Australia off tour next week doing the yearly fret checking/polishing/setup I'll document what happens. I ended up buying some old stock parker switches to figure this out once and for all+ document properly

Offline Shepherd

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
I messaged the bloke suggested by Graphtech and this time got a response!

I paid him for two original parker switches, and received three in the mail a few weeks later.
Through no fault of his, the original switches are just low quality. The top and bottom halves of the housing rock back and forth ffs.

However, receiving the originals and subsequently understanding that the the switch contacts on my broken switch were not bent out of place, but in fact came from the factory in that on/off/on format (yes, I know this should have made sense to me beforehand); I figured out the solution

I used the new, higher quality switchcraft toggle switch I had intended to use for the replacement, but I took it apart and put it back together with a little bending to modify it to work as the required on/off/on. Worked an absolute treat.

And the best bit is, I have pictures to post of how to do it! Coming soon if anyone's interested. perhaps I should charge a little to make them for people? A high quality switchcraft switch modded to reliably replace the crappier parker counterpart?

Offline billy

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 04:06:08 PM »
awesome, glad you got it going.  Would love to see pix.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]