Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Parker Owner  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Lakeabilene

New Parker Owner
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »

Hi everyone!
My Sept. 2016 time frame for joining the Parker love may be a story like others at this time in Parker's history. I never was interested enough in Parker guitars to pursue buying one, and they were not available at any guitar shop I was in. Then on Craigslist someone is selling a PDF70 like new still has the plastic on the pickups. It was there over a month, I made an offer, and got it for only $250. It was made in Indonesia, it's flawless, and the Duncan USM pickups ooze tone in buckets from my vintage Deluxe Reverb, and also thru the Suhr Badger 18. So much so, that I had to pursue a real USA model, and found a classic 2001 on ebay. It's also in excellent condition except for a little chip on the front and some aweful pick scratches below the strings. I don't know what song requires sliding the pick across the guitar but I refuse to associate with folks that do that sort of thing, including any amateur relic jobs that quickly find themselves on ebay or craigslist. Hmmmft. The tone from the generation 2 Dimarzio pickups is outstanding. Now I am playing through a JHS Andy Timmons Drive and mostly the Deluxe Reverb. The drive is adjustable for just a little crunch, gives it the Marshall tone but just a bit most of the time. My other favorite pedal with these two guitars is the BB Plus Xotic pedal. It also gives a very nice tone. Using the NYXL strings 9's. The light weight and the necks and fretboards on both of these guitars is outstanding. I have other guitars but these have become my go to guitars. I don't abuse guitars and truly avoid modifying, and I do all my own setup and minor repairs. Can anyone tell me what color my 2001 Classic is?  Nice forum!

Re: New Parker Owner

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
Can anyone tell me what color my 2001 Classic is?

Trans Cherry, as seen in this guide:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,7335.0.html
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Mr303

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
These guitars are addictive in a good way.

I look at the wall of guitars at my local Guitar Center and smile knowingly that my Parker is at home.
As forum member Notes Norton says "Playing a Parker is almost like cheating."

Yours is a transparent finish rather than a solid color paint.

Good buy on the "70!
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:48 PM »
Welcome!
Great fist post!
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
Sweet, welcome!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]