Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just bought a PM-24V as I already own and love a PM-20 Pro  (Read 1057 times)

Offline stevemp

Just bought a PM-24V as I already own and love a PM-20 Pro
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:43:29 PM »
This guitar is great!

I have been playing for over 35 years.  In addition to working on my own music I play in a classic rock band that plays out twice a month on average.

The PM-20 I have is an 08 and this PM-24V is an 09.  The fingerboard is different than my PM-20 so I checked the catalogues and found out that in 09 they used the phenolic fingerboard on these.  I really like it. 

The pickups seem decent.  I'm thinking that I will leave them, at least for now.  The Piezo is working fine but I am aware that Graphtech makes saddles for these if I start having issues.  I had a Graphtech Ghost system in a guitar before so I am somewhat familiar with them, at least from the Hexpander perspective.

I work the vibrato like I worked my Floyds for years, so that it comes back in tune after pressing down on the bar.  I'm actually surprised at how well it stays in tune.  I like this vibrato.

The one thing I'm going to change is to switch the heads for Sperzel locking ones like the PM-20 Pro.  I just need to find a good guitar guy to install them for me.

I paid $500 Canadian for the PM-20 Pro and $550 for the PM-24V.  The PM-24V came with the Parker gig bag.  I think they are both well worth that and more!

Cheers

Re: Just bought a PM-24V as I already own and love a PM-20 Pro

Offline Barry

• Barry Eames, the, um, Legend
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »
Hi Steve and congrats on the new guitar!
Let's see some pix when you're able, eh?
Love one woman, many vintage guitars.
Or...was it the other way around?

PM-20 Hornet Red Bubinga owner & recovering GAS addict

Offline stevemp

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
Sorry, I just checked the forum again.  I'll try to get some pics up soon.

I changed the heads to Sperzel locking heads the same as my PM-20 Pro.

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »
I too had bad th these models and sold them for a Fly. Biggest mistake ever. The pm24v and the pm20 pro with phenolic fretboard hands down the best guitars I've played in 20 years of playing.
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!