Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to Parker  (Read 1540 times)

Offline PoBoy

New to Parker
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »
Hi.

I just ordered a PDF30 for $200 and it's in shipment now. I just joined the forum to learn more about it and I'm surprised about the Parker business.

I bought it because of the specs, it's impressive but is it a good guitar? Also the catalog and the Parker website showed different specs. Which am I to believe?

Thanks.

Is this where you park the cars?

Re: New to Parker

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Will it be good? It should be, after all it's things like the form factor that make Parkers so great and the reason I chose to play them. And the PDF is basically a Maxxfly body with a bolt on neck. I understand the build quality of the PDF models is also very good.

Different specs on different places is not new, and affects many models, even the expensive ones. I can't tell you which is correct, only that as long as your guitar looks like the one on the website, you'll be ok!
Cheers,

Jamie
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:48:33 PM »
I've never played the PDF range, and it lacks a few things I absolutely love about the US made ones, but saying that they are a great design and I've only ever heard great things about the PDFs build quality too. :)
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...

Offline PoBoy

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
This is the reply I got from the Parker site today so it's great. It's coming in tomorrow, I can't wait!  :D

It is rosewood with Humbucking pickups that are made by Duncan.

Offline PoBoy

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »
I got it today and all I can say is wow! It is well made and sound good. It just need a set up as the bridge is high.

I'll work on it tomorrow.  8)

Whoops, gotta have the pic:

imgurl
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:41:23 PM by PoBoy »

Offline neilderemer

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
Sounds like time to use the ol quarter at the 12th fret trick.
Looks like a nice guitar. Personally I have never played a PDF series guitar but I imagine they are nice! I'm just more of a Hum Single Single kind of guy

Offline PoBoy

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 07:14:44 PM »
I've played since the 60s (yep, I'm older than dirt) and quit playing a couple of years ago. Well, I'm not playing so well I guess I'll just forget this whole thing.

My old gear collected dust now this probably will. Oh well, it can't last forever.  8)

By the way, I got the guitar set up, it's very nice to play.

Offline neilderemer

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
Been playing for almost 20 years here. Play my guitar almost every day. Can't imagine not!!!

Offline PoBoy

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »
Got 40+ years here.

Give it time.  ;)

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »
50 years of 'experience' here. It's a funny thing ... I have much more free time to play than I had when I was young, but I use less and less of it for playing.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
Two thousand year-old man, here - Delighted to be here, in fact...Actually, delighted to be alive! When I wake up in the morning, I make myself a birthday cake! They used to practice polygamy in the old days...I never practiced it - I was perfect at it! I had seven wives; and I used to come home from work and hear "You're late for SUPPER Supper supper supper supper supper supper!" My seventh wife was my favorite; on account of how unfaithful she was to me - It gave me a day off! Also, I was Sigmund Freud's first patient: I thought I was a dog and, though he cured me, he never let me up on the couch! Actually, he cured me by rolling up a paper and then hitting me with it! I knew Ghengis Kahn, too - His real name was Ghengis Cohen! But having lived two thousand years, after all, my guide to life is as follows: Be a friend to yourself; and take care of each part of your body as if it was your own! And stay indoors from your birth until you die; because sometimes it's rainy, and there are tough guys out there! And, finally, if you find the love of a beautiful woman, keep it from your wife! Oy Vey!