Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone put a Nitefly M pickup in an SA?  (Read 890 times)

Offline Piplodocus

• Well Parkers are a better addiction than skag...
Anyone put a Nitefly M pickup in an SA?
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:41:42 AM »
My Nitefly M got its pickups replaced by Bare Knuckles. It's more what I want, but I always quite liked the DiMarzio bridge in it and found it pretty nice. I'm less fussed by my SA bridge though. AFAIK, the Ms were based on Nortons, and the SA bridge on a FRED. Anyone experimented with different pickups, as I was gonna buy a Bare Knuckle Abraxas to try in it, but I'm skint so don't have the cash. I do have this "Norton"-esque bridge spare though, and also a JB, but with no legs as it came out my fly mojo, so would need a new baseplate.

Worth a try? Or is the mahogany gonna have played a large part of that?

Dunno what my midi fly ones were. That's HSS, so I assume same as an SA, but it's mahogany like an M.
2004 Fly Mojo Flame (TTBB), 2014 Fly Mojo Flame (TBB), 2001 Customized Midifly (w/Tripleplay), 2001 HSS Swamp Ash Nitefly SA (NFVSA/SB), 2000 Mahogany Nitefly (NFVM/TR), 2007 Southern Nitefly (BS), mostly all modded, Bareknuckle pickups, and also a "needs work" shagged 97 Maple Nitefly...

Re: Anyone put a Nitefly M pickup in an SA?

Offline Corey

Re: Anyone put a Nitefly M pickup in an SA?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
Been playing guitar since 1992 and have heard them all.

IMO, nothing compares to the sound of the Seymour Duncan "Pearly Gates"

It simply does everything right; great responsive low end, natural midrange with clean and warm break-up, and the high's are in a word; SILK! Excels at both clean and distorted applications.

Blows away the FRED.

Corey