Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: please help search frets guitar stainless steel ( with no feet tu put with glue)  (Read 2695 times)

Offline scoubidou

hello
i m french
i want to buy online frets guitars stainless steel ( with no feet just to glue like parker guitar)
i don t know if there is a lot of entreprise who make this frets with no feet , just to glue .
just parker do that?
i hope you will anderstand me, i don t know the word in english for fret to glue with no feet.
if you know where to order online, best quality, thanks a lot
 :)

Re: please help search frets guitar stainless steel ( with no feet tu put with glue)

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
Hi Scoubidou.
What you want are frets with no tang - the part that gets hammered into wooden fretboards.
There are some other posts on this forum about the lack of Stainless fretwire so I am not sure someone here will be able to help you find glue-on fretwire.
This guy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parker-fly-deluxe-pre-Washburn-spares-stainless-tangless-frets-for-carbon-board-/222212104551?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=1119618885311&nma=true&si=eU0EPaaZGDIh5xzZDD5KDM47cYA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
was selling a set on Ebay.  Contact him.  Maybe he still has them.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Re: please help search frets guitar stainless steel ( with no feet tu put with glue)

Offline scoubidou

thanks for message
there are no seller in Usa, or other in europe who sell new product fret without tang in stainless steel?
to buy in Ebay, i have a bad experience and i prefer to buy to professional.
i m surprise that it is impossible to order frets online on website professional
thanks for help me

Offline TinMachine

Wiguitar on ebay has rolls of uncut like this. Not sure why others are steering you away. They are misinformed

Offline Patzag

• Administrator

Offline scoubidou

hello
ebay , only ebay
i prefer professionnal please?
i have contact parker to have stainless steel without tang
and they don t help me

Offline scoubidou

only parker have stainless steel without tang?
i m sad about parker who don t want to help me
then i searching another product, without tang
if you know where to buy?online ( not ebay because ebay i have bad experience)

Offline jjozwia

With Parker closing the US shop it will be difficult to find their tangless fretwire outside eBay being they sold off their inventory.

You could try Emerald Guitars, I believe their build process is similar with the carbon fiber fretboard and tangless SS frets.

Cheers

Offline TinMachine

If you search the forum,  there is listed the manufacturer for these. However,  one of our members is trying to get them to make these for them. I don't believe they will be able to purchase however because this is a proprietary part of a Parker guitar system. Wiguitar on ebay is a good seller. I have even myself purchased his leftover Fret wire in case I need it someday. If you want from me,  I can send to you. Please PM me if interested.  I'm only doing this to help out a forum member,  as I have done many times before. Some people here on the forum are not nice like me.

Offline scoubidou

thanks for answer
i m going to contact emerald guitar
because ebay i have seen the renew about a personn
and negative point, then i do not want to order in Ebay
i have order few years on ebay product i was a very bad experience.
i try to order stainless steel tangless
this is a nightmare to order frets stainless steel tangless

Offline TinMachine

People leave negative feedback for sellers for many reasons.  Most of them not deserved. I have personally spent over $2000.00US with wiguitar on ebay. So he is OK.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
thanks for answer
i m going to contact emerald guitar
because ebay i have seen the renew about a personn
and negative point, then i do not want to order in Ebay
i have order few years on ebay product i was a very bad experience.
i try to order stainless steel tangless
this is a nightmare to order frets stainless steel tangless

TinMachine is right Scoubidou.  I would not worry about one bad experience with Ebay.  Wiguitar should be able to sell you what you need at a very good price.  Go for it.

Offline jjozwia

I've had many transactions with wiguitar too, including fretwire.   If you change your mind - he's one of the good guys on eBay.

Offline TinMachine

He doesn't always get it right,  but he will make it right if you allow him to do so. There is actually a really funny video out there someone made if you know wiguitar real full name.

Offline scoubidou

hello
what the best , strong, durability carbon frets or stainless steel tangless?
i want the fret for life , the best in time , very long time
carbon seems to be not so long as stainless steel tangless