Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finally my MaxxFly 7 is coming Monday!  (Read 3275 times)

Offline billy

Re: Finally my MaxxFly 7 is coming Monday!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
hey that's awesome, glad you're doing well.   On my to do list to get the ghost midi system installed sometime.  Some of the recent posts here have really piqued my curiosity.  Need to keep my eyes posted for the outboard gear.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jb63

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 08:52:48 PM »
I've put some midi systems in 7-strings before and the real question you have to ask yourself is "which 6 strings?" The most successful one I ran was in a Brian Moore where I would play bass on the bottom 4 through the 1/4" jack and then use the GK to play organ-like chords on the top 6. It was a bit confusing, but I eventually got the hang of it.  With your Parker 7 you should try a GK3 external mount and see what you like (string 1 or 7) first.  I think that converting a 7-string to midi might really kill the aftermarket value, BUT there are some cool new things you should look into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo7rQN-x-OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unSpaxIEkV4

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything, just pointing you to cool stuff!

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
What did Parker mean then, when they described the 7 string as “midi upgradable”?

Did they really mean 6/7s upgradable??
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
In the last (I want to say) 2-3 years of production, Parker dropped Fishman as the supplier of their piezo functionality and went with Graphtech. Because Graphtech was already producing hexaphonic 13 pin-outputting boards to compete with RMC and Roland, Parker (by now essentially a built-to-order custom shop with a dealer network) advertised builds with these features as a premium option. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is any hepta/septaphonic outboard gear; with everything on the market being hexaphonic. As such, you can only use 6 of the 7 strings with a guitar synth - Making the “MIDI-capable 7 string” option a bit of a moot point, only there for owners willing to make that compromise.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:52:31 PM by marcwormjim »

Offline billy

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »
Not sure if you’ve seen this

http://www.ubertar.com/hexaphonic/products.html

Looks promising but you still need to split into two controllers if I understand correctly.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]