Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly Deluxe Piezo not responding.  (Read 1204 times)

Offline szetek

Parker Fly Deluxe Piezo not responding.
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:27:53 AM »
 I have a Parker Fly Deluxe but can not seem to get any sound from my Piezo, My battery is good (the check light registers it) and I have even lightly tapped on the Piezo part of the bridge and can hear that it is active, But I have no idea what the issue could be. Could it be that the strings are too old? I have never had that issue with my other guitars that have Piezo saddles our bridge pickups.  Thanks for any ideas or observations, Mine is the 4 knob style. Thanks

Re: Parker Fly Deluxe Piezo not responding.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:17:33 AM »
Do you know about the red pushbutton next to the output jack? Gotta have that in the right position to get piezo sound using mono output.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Noodler

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:27:14 AM »
Also, it's possible that your guitar was rewired PTP.  Have you pulled off the back plate and checked if it still has the ribbon cable?

It's odd that you're hearing the piezos when you tap the bridge.  That would pretty much mean that they're working.

Offline szetek

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
I have tried the red button. I also have been inside of it and the ribbon cables are nice and tucked in correctly.  I am perplexed with this one.  I wish I had another to reference it with but I don't.  I found the schematics for it but I am probably going to call Parker Fly on Monday.  I am not sure what they will say but probably to take it to a repair.  I still have a feeling it is something simple like maybe there is something that is shorted or even not connected. I also notice the stacked volume/tone doesn't seem to make a difference like when I do "tap" on the piezo's you would think with that volume down I wouldn't hear it. And if I turn the humbuckers all the way down and crank the volume on the amp I get a signal but that just confuses me more. Thanks for the responses.  hopefully I will be able to sort this out with some help.  I sure love the way it plays.  And it does sound great but of course I would like to get it working to it's full capacity.

Offline szetek

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
I did call and talk to a gentleman at Parker Fly and he told me I could remove the "spring Plate" and look for the contacts on either side beneath the saddle to see if they are lose.  Also going to check the stacked volume/tone pot with my ohm meter. And then there was also mention of the stereo jack. Also to plug it all in and listen while moving the vibrato to see if there is any difference in volume (though I have none that I can really make out so far). So that is what direction I am going for now. Still it seems odd that when I tap on the piezo's I get a amplified tap just like the other pickups. Thanks again for reading.

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »
Just a shot in the dark, but check for any crud under the saddles and clean if necessary.  Also check that the flex cables are still seated properly. Maybe unclip and reclip them.

I'd guess a bad connection somewhere first, switch, pot, piezos, jack, then preamp, then crud under saddles, then bad saddles.  Basically anything in the chain.

You don't mention what you're plugging into either.

I'm guessing it's the pot or switch though, but just a guess.

Try a new battery just for giggles.

Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]