Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two RP's - Your Choice!  (Read 1348 times)

Offline jackal624

Two RP's - Your Choice!
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:48:10 PM »
I'm going to sell one of two black hardtail Redwood-Necked Flys.  Obviously both 1993. 

I listed the first one here in the spring, but did not sell it.  I am resisting it, and including the original ad below, along with updated pics.  I repaired one of the pickups and the rest of it is still in the same (very good) condition.  Plus I dropped the price!  $1750 + shipping.

The second one is in near mint condition.  Everything works, everything original.  $2000 + shipping.

Either will come with the original Parker bag.

Here's the ad:

It's in very good shape and sounds amazing.  Electronics work 100%.  Neck is straight, action could be the best I've ever played on any guitar, including my other 2 Parkers.  The bad: Previous owner installed strap locks and used a screw that was ever-so-slightly too long and just poked through the front of the upper bout.  Not very noticeable, but there.  Also, curiously, the previous owner "blended" the neck pickup with a Joe Satriani pickup by removing one coil from each pickup and wiring them together.  So the installed pickup has one original coil and one chrome coil.  I've never seen this done before and couldn't imagine what would possess someone to do such a thing, but I have the other halves of both pickups, so I'm guessing it could be reversed. Maybe they just liked the look of the chrome bobbin? NOTE: PICKUP HAS BEEN REPAIRED. I HAD THE PICKUP REWIRED AND RETURNED TO ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TYPE OF TAPE USED TO PROTECT THE BOBBINS.  There are some *very* fine belt buckle scratches on the back, but I couldn't get them to show in the pics.  I'll try again in daylight if there's any interest.  There is an approx 1mm in diameter paint chip missing in front of the truss rod adjustment access hole.  The nuts that secure the tuning machines are a little scratched.  Lastly, there is some paint loss on the edge of the treble-side fretboard between the 21st-24th frets.  Very insignificant - looks like glare in the pics, in fact, it's hard to distinguish where the paint loss begins and where the glare ends.  No paint loss on the fretboard or the neck, just the corner where they meet.  As you can tell, I'm kind of OCD, and the faults I'm describing are not nearly as bad as I'm making them sound.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:52:29 PM by jackal624 »

Re: Two RP's - Your Choice!

Offline jackal624

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »
Anyone?  I was hoping to move one of these guitars to someone from this forum, someone who would really appreciate what they are, rather than some random eBay bidder.  If you're interested at all, let me know.  I'm not in a hurry to sell, I can wait till after the holidays, whatever.  I'm pretty flexible.

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 12:14:19 PM »
You will have better success on Reverb or eBay. 

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 05:53:11 PM »
I'd be very interested but no way I'll have the $$ anytime in the next year, lots of other less fun stuff coming up that will empty my wallet.

Reverb would IMHO be your best bet; the forum doesn't get a lot of buying traffic, though you never know. 
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jackal624

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 11:01:11 PM »
OK, thanks guys.  Happy Holidays!

Offline jb63

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
I'd be very interested but no way I'll have the $$ anytime in the next year, lots of other less fun stuff coming up that will empty my wallet.

Reverb would IMHO be your best bet; the forum doesn't get a lot of buying traffic, though you never know.

I could
Not have said it better!
Lots of pocket emptying.

I would love to talk about one of these with you, though. Do you remember the thread where you went through all the work? I couldn't find it offhand but it was pretty great.

Offline jackal624

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »
I think I know what Fly your are referring to, but this is not that one - all I did was return the pickup to its stock form and set it up.  Someone else bought a Fly that was just a the body/neck - didn't even have all the holes drilled in it - and he brought it to life, at least to some degree then sold it.  I would just search "redwood" or
"RP" in the forum and sift.

Offline resettheconsole

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 08:40:37 AM »
JB, I now own the RP that I think you're recalling, from his thread: http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,15807.0.html

It's a very slow moving project, still unsure what i want as a final result. It's a player right now, vol and tone wired in with a push/pull coil split. Basically like a refined Fly without Piezo. Endgame is definitely to keep it passive, so maybe a separate output jack for piezo....I digress...

Jackal, good luck with the sale.

If anyone is on the fence about one of these, just do it! My RP is very, very lively.

Offline jackal624

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
Bumping this ad - both guitars are still available.  I'll run this here for a couple weeks, but then it's off to Reverb.