Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's nearly 2017...already!  (Read 2005 times)

Offline JamieCrain

It's nearly 2017...already!
« on: December 19, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
Well folks, it's almost 2017 and if I'm not mistaken, Parker will be making a comeback. Not sure if I'm excited or nervous, maybe a bit of both. Fingers crossed for something special, my current collection is a little light and needs to be "augmented" ;).

In the meantime, merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!  8)

Jamie
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Re: It's nearly 2017...already!

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »
We need a betting pool. Will WMI Korea be producing facsimiles of US models? Will exoskeletons be abandoned completely, in favor of internal reinforcement? Will fingerboards with a conical radius ever be produced again? Will Graphtech, Seymour Duncan, and Sperzel still be used? Will Adrian Belew get a new signature model with a Fishman Triple Play, A Little Thunder pickup, Antares autotune, and twelve-stage automotive paint job reading "F*** Fripp"?

Offline Noodler

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »
I hate to sound like a "negative Nancy", but I highly doubt any of the true Parker faithful are going to be impressed/interested in anything coming out of Asia/Indonesia from Parker.  It's highly doubtful that we will ever see any guitars produced again with a carbon exoskeleton.  Even the carbon glass fretboard with super hardened SS frets is highly doubtful.

Now maybe Parker will really surprise me, but I'm definitely not going to be getting my hopes up.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:31:45 PM »
I hate to sound like a "negative Nancy"...

A former boss called me a Debbie Downer once. (I hated that boss.) I'm not a downer, just a realistic pessimist. That way I have lots of nice surprises when things work out great instead of going to crap.

Thus I will remind everyone that the message says 'The Parker Guitar line up is currently being updated for re-lease in 2017' without any mention of a month or day. 2017 will be one year long, so even IF the Parker promise is realized in some form, we might see nothing at all for many months.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 01:02:56 AM »
All I want is a 24 fret, carbon-wrapped, piezo/Duncan combo, 6 string, with new headstock and Sperzels. And in-built Antares would be good too. In white, with black hardware and trim. Just like the one on Parker's Facebook page.

NAMM is in January, Nancy and Debbie. You never know...
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline Mr303

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 06:00:44 AM »
I hate to sound like a "negative Nancy"...

A former boss called me a Debbie Downer once. (I hated that boss.) I'm not a downer, just a realistic pessimist. That way I have lots of nice surprises when things work out great instead of going to crap.

Thus I will remind everyone that the message says 'The Parker Guitar line up is currently being updated for re-lease in 2017' without any mention of a month or day. 2017 will be one year long, so even IF the Parker promise is realized in some form, we might see nothing at all for many months.

I agree, don't hold your breath, there aren't even rumors of possible designs etc.
I would hope at least a few members here have some sort of insider connection at USM, and nothing's even been leaked to us "loyalists" much less the public at large.
Let's hope for the best.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:36:51 AM by Mr303 »
'94 Fly hard tail
'97 Fly Deluxe
'08 PM20 Pro 3x3 headstock
PDF 105
PDF 70 modded
and a few others that are boat anchors.
‘43 Epi Blackstone
Godin 5th ave p90

Offline VagabondJack

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 09:43:44 PM »
I hate to sound like a "negative Nancy", but I highly doubt any of the true Parker faithful are going to be impressed/interested in anything coming out of Asia/Indonesia from Parker.  It's highly doubtful that we will ever see any guitars produced again with a carbon exoskeleton.  Even the carbon glass fretboard with super hardened SS frets is highly doubtful.

Now maybe Parker will really surprise me, but I'm definitely not going to be getting my hopes up.

I agree. I really haven't been impressed since the originals. I have a 1996 Fly Deluxe. I really wish Ken Parker would come back into the fold.