Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FS: 1996 Blue Fly Deluxe with Built-In Roland GK Pickup  (Read 1246 times)

Offline TheGrail

• Lifelong guitar synth guy
    • My soundcloud (hours of fusiony fun, all played on Parkers)
FS: 1996 Blue Fly Deluxe with Built-In Roland GK Pickup
« on: December 19, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »
Hello Mates,
I'm selling my 1996 pre-refined Majik Blue Parker Fly Deluxe with built-in Roland GK guitar synth pickup.

I bought this guitar in 2003 with the intent of creating a Fly with built-in Roland capability, as opposed to the typical aftermarket add-on GK "Wart" pickup. At the time, a luthier named Pat DiBurro in New England was known for performing this retrofit (which is difficult because of the added circuitry and very thin body.  I purchased the GK-Kit and had Pat do the work, which turned out very well.

The guitar plays perfectly with all the original Parker Fly features (mag and piezo pickups) are unchanged.
however as you can see there is a thin Roland pickup mounted just in front of the bridge and there is one extra knob, two pushbuttons and a switch.

This guitar has a few dings which I have documented in the photos, however the top is in very good condition. It is set up with .009 strings. I am
including the Parker hardshell case, the original 'case candy' hang tags and tools, hexagonal whammy bar with foam handle, as well as the standard Parker stereo output cable.

I buy and sell guitars often and have nearly 500 positive feedbacks on eBay. Check it out if you wish - Ratherbgolfing is my handle.   

I'm asking USD$2600 for the guitar, case and accessories which includes insured UPS Ground shipping to continental US or a shipping forwarder with US address.
I accept payment by PayPal in US Funds. PM me if you have questions. Lowballers, please don't waste our time. Not interested in trades unless you have a Solar Flare Fly.
93 Deluxe, 97 FrankenFly, 98 Deluxe w/GK pickup, 98 Deluxe w/no electronics, 03 Mojo

Re: FS: 1996 Blue Fly Deluxe with Built-In Roland GK Pickup

Offline TheGrail

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
Bump!
93 Deluxe, 97 FrankenFly, 98 Deluxe w/GK pickup, 98 Deluxe w/no electronics, 03 Mojo

Offline jb63

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
I recently had a similar Mod done to one of mine, and I can tell you, its the most useful guitar I've ever owned!
Everything works like a pre-refined should, and there is an even knob for synth volume.
You dial in whatever you want from the fly controls and that's the signal that comes through as the magnetics in your synth patch.
Its just fantastic!

Good luck with that sale!

Offline TheGrail

Offline Mapletop

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »
wow talk about day later and dollar short man id have bought that guitar

Offline TheGrail

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »
I still have it - it didn't sell on eBay. PM me if interested.