Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stranger things of 1º STRING SADDLE (first generation) in a Supreme  (Read 1662 times)

Offline alber.t

Hello every parker owner.  :D

I have a 2000 FLy Supreme parker and I have problems with the first string saddle. When I do a bending on the first string from the fret 12 it sounds like a click if I stretch too much. I use strings of 0.10 gauge. And I have a balanced string height. It seems that the string jumps a little in the circle of the piezo.

Do you recommend me update all the piezos? Which saddle sounds better? I have all generations to try. I've been think t update to the graptech black piezos.

Thank you very much for your responses.

Albert
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:29:46 AM by alber.t »

Re: Stranger things of 1º STRING SADDLE (first generation) in a Supreme

Offline billy

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
which saddles do you have right now?  is it only at fret 12, or starting at fret 12 and continues up? 

could be a few things but since its only the e string, I think you're right to focus troubleshooting efforts on the saddle. 

Personally I like the graphtech saddles, so that might not be a bad change if you need to.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline alber.t

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:34 PM »
Thank you very much for your help, Billy. Finally I have updated my old pre refined to the new graphtech. I have had to shorten the cables of the new saddles. I've been soldering all morning with pro precision the effort has been worth it. You were right.. Now the guitar sounds much better and the click is gone. The click started at fret 12 and continues up?  I couldn't do good bendings if that click

I want to put some pics in a new post.

Thanks again

Albert

Offline Noodler

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:59:24 PM »
I also would highly recommend the Graphtech saddles if you end up going that route.  My Silverburst Mojo has the chrome saddles that the strings eventually eat into.  One I got the bearings' issues resolved, putting the Graphtech saddles in the bridge was the final piece that eliminated all the issues I had with keeping my guitar in tune.

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 10:10:47 AM »
I also would highly recommend the Graphtech saddles if you end up going that route.  My Silverburst Mojo has the chrome saddles that the strings eventually eat into.  One I got the bearings' issues resolved, putting the Graphtech saddles in the bridge was the final piece that eliminated all the issues I had with keeping my guitar in tune.
they did,  see above

Offline alber.t

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »
Hello Tim. Even I've created a new post with a lot of pictures of the operation update. The new saddles are much better. A litle bit organic sound.

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
I have also preferred the sound of the graph tech.  Not sure why though,  a piezo is just a trigger really,  nothing more.

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
Thank you very much for your help, Billy. Finally I have updated my old pre refined to the new graphtech. I have had to shorten the cables of the new saddles. I've been soldering all morning with pro precision the effort has been worth it. You were right.. Now the guitar sounds much better and the click is gone. The click started at fret 12 and continues up?  I couldn't do good bendings if that click

I want to put some pics in a new post.

Thanks again

Albert

My pleasure, very glad this solved your issue, and improved things too!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]