Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Humidity  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Humidity
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:31:58 AM »
A subject that I was wondering about too came up under P-series topic. I reposted here because some members may not routinly read P series. Anyway seems I heard a long time ago that the range for wood instruments was something like 44 to 55 % RH with ideal at 45 % ? Anyone know for sure? Anyone have an RH metor--Hygr0nometer? or something like that? Is there one type of metor better than another? Can you get them at Lowes/Home Depot?

[?]     [?]      [?]      [?]        [?]        [?]         [?]

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson ES137;1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

Humidity

Offline vince a

Humidity
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »
Bill,
If you're interested, I use a humidity level hygrometer from Humicase (www.humicase.com). The kit comes with one monitor (hygrometer), two compact humidification units, and a bottle of Activation Solution (distilled water). It's been a while since I purchased it . . . seems to me it was around $40. The humidification unit(s)mount anywhere in the case, and they need to be recharged every three to six months. I did mine back in August, and right now it reads 44%.

The instructions say: "Optimal humidity range for guitar storage is 40% - 70% relative humidity."

I haven't tried their cases yet, but do know one person who has.

Parker PM-20 (Bubinga) with a Pro PM-20 in my sights!

Humidity

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Humidity
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 02:20:05 PM »
Thanks Vince. Just what I needed to know. But I think I'm just going to get my whole house in that range instead of the case.--bill

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson ES137;1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

Humidity

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Humidity
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »
yeah you can get what you need at lowe's.  optimal is around 50%, but 45% will be fine.  the stuff you want should all be well under $100 US.

Humidity

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Humidity
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 11:06:02 PM »
Thanks.

A few Flys in my soup